Ict Project Manager
Posted on Jul 4, 2019 by CV-Library
Working Hours: Monday - Friday, 37 Hours
Pay Rate: £26.01 P/H PAYE
Based within the ICT service’s Design and Transition team, the role provides project management skills and experience supporting the ongoing programme of business-driven technology change.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Managing the concurrent delivery of technology projects from a wide portfolio, including but not limited to:
* New technology implementation
* System upgrades
* Device rollout to customers
* Managing external third-party ICT suppliers throughout the duration of the project life cycle.
* Communicating effectively with project stakeholders at all levels of the organisation.
* Coordinating ICT technical pre-sales and procurement activities at project initiation.
* Transitioning the technical solution into operational support as part of project closure, and ensuring ‘lessons learned’ is performed and recorded.
* Prioritising, setting clear goals and targets, monitoring progress, and holding delivery team members to account.
* Using judgement and criteria to adapt previous approaches in the light of current circumstances.
* Making effective decisions in the absence of complete information to ensure work can move forward whilst mitigating risk.
* Ensuring ICT strategy is not compromised during project delivery unless agreed as an exception
Skills and Experience:
* Be a qualified PRINCE2 Practitioner or equivalent relevant experience.
* Comfortable managing multiple projects concurrently as part of a wider project portfolio which may have interdependence's.
* Demonstrable expertise in manging projects to time, quality and budget.
* Demonstrable experience identifying and managing technical risks, issues and interdependencies.
* Experienced in communicating to wide range of stakeholders, including use of good negotiation skills.
* Have professional creditability and the ability to represent the ICT division effectively.
* Using structured and organised working practices such as writing accurate project documentation or maintaining RAID logs.
* Ability to work independently (problem solving and decision making), but understanding when it is appropriate/necessary to seek senior direction
* Able to prioritise your own work and the work of others, especially in an environment of conflicting requirements
£26 - £27.3 Hourly
£35 - £46 Hourly
£26 - £27.3 Hourly
£500 - £500 Daily