Depot Sales Manager / Senior Sales Executive - Express Parcels
Posted on Jul 4, 2019 by CV-Library
It operates a private members delivery network, catering mainly for the legal, financial and public sectors and is offering an excellent salary of £30,000 to £40,000 Basic, plus car or car allowance, a high level of commission and other excellent benefits.
Overall Purpose of Role :
To ensure that their home Service Centre exceeds its revenue budget, by:
• Exceeding their personal new business target / budget.
• Building close and effective working relationships with a network of contacts within prospective customers.
• Developing and implementing market sector development plans within their own catchment area.
• Identifying and qualifying customer opportunities for new product sales.
• Developing a good working relationship with all the Groups departments.
• Developing and broadening relationship with existing customers while identifying and qualifying opportunities for new product sales. Maximising sales penetration within each customer by selling the complete range of our client's services.
Main Responsibilities :
• Work with the Service Centre General Manager & Sales Director to implement the sales strategy and business plan for the Area, making best use of C&D fleet capacity to collect from prospect customers.
• Define target list of customer prospects based on clearly defined criteria that maximises return for our client.
• Achieve and exceed sales targets in line with our clients growth across all of our clients services.
• Work with the our clients Bid Management Team, to deliver effective tender responses to specific customer opportunities.
• Demonstrate strong knowledge of the companies product portfolio and all associated features and benefits and to tailor those benefits to the needs of the customer.
• Track performance of new customers, and ensure that they trade to the profile agreed.
• Submit accurate and timely business forecasts.
• Chair weekly Sales & Ops Meetings at their home Service Centre, attended by General Manager, Operations Manager, Customer Service Manager, Key Account Manager and from time to time the Senior Key Account Manager and Sales Director.
• Use the sales tools in line with the agreed sales process to maintain and develop sales pipeline and customer information.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience :
• Extensive experience within either the delivery / logistics sector or Retail, FMCG sector.
• Strong sales skills (prospecting, qualifying, networking and campaign management).
• Detailed understanding of sales process and demonstration of world class sales rigor, hunger and determination.
• Proven track record of closing major opportunities. Professional sales and negotiating training.
• Proven sales ability with historic success at exceeding new business targets, whilst excelling at customer retention through professional account management, development and planning skills.
• Excellent presentation skills.
• Problem solving abilities; able to facilitate discussions.
• Able to travel within designated territory and able to work with the minimum of supervision.
• Microsoft (Excel, Word, Email, Access, Power Point).
• Results driven, self confident individual with an ability to empathise with clients at all levels.
• Able to work both alone and as part of a team.
• Consistent drive and energy, positive attitude.
• Flexible work ethic.
£30,000 TO £38,000 Basic Salary
Commission paid monthly £20,000 to £25,000 extra
10% on revenue at 3 months and 15% at 6 months
Company Car (Mercedes A Class, Audi A3, BMW 1 Series) or Car Allowance
25 days holiday