Security and Post Room Operative
Posted on Jul 4, 2019 by CV-Library
Our client is looking for a hardworking self-sufficient Security Operative / Post Room Operative to run their access control systems and ensure their busy post room keeps working. Your role is important with a variety of tasks, meaning your day goes quickly.
JOB TITLE: Security and Post Room Operative
JOB TYPE: 18 Month Fixed Term Contract (possibly to be extended)
COMPANY TYPE: Insurance
HOURS: 8:00am – 6:00pm
SALARY: £23,444 per annum plus company benefits
LOCATION: Bank / Monument – City of London
CULTURE: Professional, friendly, corporate yet friendly atmosphere with a friendly and pleasant vibe
BENEFITS: Pension Scheme, Holiday pay, corporate incentives, friendly environment, responsibility, etc.!
WOW FACTOR: Incredibly interesting and upbeat environment; varied and busy role with the ability to make the role your own!
* You’ll be running our access control & security systems for all of our UK offices and ensuring we remain GDPR compliant. This will involve a variety of tasks including:
* Creating and canceling access passes
* Running reports
* Capturing CCTV
* Access controlled doors openings and closures
* Trouble shooting and reporting & logging issues to our security supplier
* Project planning
* You'll assist colleagues that need help when it comes to posting items. This might mean sorting incoming/outgoing post, distributing the post correctly or just keeping your workspace tidy and organised. Everything you do has a big impact on how we operate as an organisation.
* You deal with telephone enquiries, collect items from the business throughout the day to make sure we don't miss that crucial 'last post'.
* You handle the franking of our mail every single day, making sure all couriered goods are signed for and handled correctly.
* We will need you to help us with our archiving too, this means sending and retrieving boxes as needed.
* Adhoc jobs will be required to assist the FM teams where necessary. This could include opening peds and cabinets when keys are forgotten, assisting contractors/visitors and getting them to the right place. Being part of the FM team is a busy place and you will play a crucial role in helping the building run smoothly.
* If you have ideas about improving the service, we'd love to hear them.
Your Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
* You're educated to GCSE standard or equivalent and are confident when prioritising your workload.
* Previous knowledge of access control systems preferred
* Happy to build effective relationships with colleagues and external customers. Your aim is to provide a high quality and dedicated service.
* Excellent client focus, strong communication skills and the ambition to achieve all tasks.
* Ability to work on own initiative whilst maintaining a helpful attitude, you're flexible and have a logical approach.
* Keen to develop over a period of time with a willingness and ability to learn.
* You're confident using MS office and are eligible to work in the UK
NB: If this company and position appeals to you then please apply your CV on-line. Advertised by Office Angels, Holborn branch. Please note that due to a high volume of response Office Angels receive; only successful candidates will be contacted. For the purposes of the Regulations, please note that Office Angels in the provision of these services will be operating as a recruitment agency. Office Angels are an equal opportunities employer
Office Angels acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Office Angels UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Office Angels. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information – please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: https://(url removed)/candidate-privacy