Posted on Jul 4, 2019 by CV-Library
Do you want to work for a company, that wants a world where people have the freedom to live life to the full, in a place of their choice? Then Tunstall is for you!
Tunstall was the first to develop alarm systems for older people and has continued to lead the market ever since. With a team of almost 3,000 employees operating in 17 countries across the world, Tunstall works with health professionals and social care providers daily, to provide support to help manage long term health conditions and provide person-centred care.
Tunstall has pioneered the use of technology to enable independent living, supporting more than five million people and their families across the world. Through our regional response centres this enables us to develop digital solutions that enhance independent living and improve efficiencies in clinical care.
Position: Project Accountant
Location: Whitley, Goole, DN14 0HR
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, working Monday - Friday
Salary: £25,000 per annum
Benefits: Up to 9% combined pension contribution, 25 days holidays + bank holidays, Free eye tests, Cycle to work scheme, Retails discounts, Subsidised canteen, Free car parking.
About the role:
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join us at Tunstall as a Project Accountant. Reporting to the I & D Finance Manager, you will be responsible for the project accounting for I & D and will support the monthly and annual financial reporting.
Working closely with relevant stakeholders and Project Managers you will ensure all projects have robust financial governance, reporting and forecasts updates on a monthly basis and ensure investment appraisals contain accurate cost and revenue forecasts are correctly attributed to projects.
- Ensure monthly reporting for all UK I & D projects is accurate and completed in line with monthly reporting timetable.
- Work with I & D Project Managers to ensure all UK I & D projects have a robust forecast updated through to completion on a monthly basis.
- Support the I & D Finance Manager in preparing the annual budget and mid-year forecast, with specific reference to project forecasting.
- Work in close consultation with the UK & Operations Financial Controller and I & D Finance Manager in the implantation of revised systems and processes.
- Manually manipulating various data systems on a regular basis.
- Provide challenge to I & D Project Managers to ensure project forecasts are robust.
- Provide support to stakeholders on an ongoing and ad-hoc basis.
- Strong Excel skills with the ability to manually manipulate data systems on a regular basis.
- You will be Part Qualified or equivalent qualification with experience of operating in large businesses, ideally with exposure to innovation & Development and Manufacturing.
- Commercially aware with the ability to influence stakeholders on financial / non-financial issues utilising your knowledge and experience.
- Results driven with experience of delivering process improvement.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
This role may close early if sufficient applications are received. Please note, previous applicants need not apply.
You may have experience of the following: Accountant, Project Accountant, Qualified Accountant, Part Qualified Accountant, Finance Manager, Finance Assistant, Accounts Assistant, etc.