Maintenance Technician - Rolling Stock MMT / RHTT
Posted on Jul 4, 2019 by CV-Library
Successful applicants will likely be RHTT and MPV maintenance technicians, apprentice trained or NVQ3 qualified, with exposure to the overhaul of bogies, wheelsets, pneumatic systems and previous experience of operating to RGS standards.
Candidates desired qualifications :
* Recognised apprenticeship or equivalent.
* NVQ level 3 in a relevant engineering discipline
Candidates desired experience :
* Experience on working on rail Vehicles
* Working understanding of pneumatic and hydraulic systems
* Some experience of working with diesel engines, pumps and fuel systems
* A base knowledge of the maintenance of generators
* A working knowledge of rail vehicle braking systems
* Understanding of axle and wheelset inspections
* Knowledge of Bogie inspection and repair
* Be competent to undertake the maintenance of electrical equipment and systems
* Be competent to undertake the maintenance of mechanical components and systems.
* Be familiar with the maintenance of safety and emergency equipment
Candidates training expectations :
* Be prepared to attend training and assessment to obtain a PTS if required, through sponsorship by the client
* Be trained and subsequently comply with safe working practices, including cleanliness and tidiness of working environment
This requirement operates to a shift system of :
8 x 12 hour days, followed by 4 days rest. A 8/4/8/4 system.
Should this role be of interest, we'd be delighted to hear from you.
Net Temps is advertising this vacancy in its capacity as an Employment Business.
Net Temps supplies both temporary and permanent labour to the Rail, Construction, Engineering and Allied industries throughout the UK.
Follow us on twitter at @Net_Temps