Posted on Jul 4, 2019 by CV-Library
Duties and Responsibilities
· Design and develop electro-mechanical products, taking projects from initial marketing brief through to production.
· Drive and maintain electronic development tools and processes.
· Create and manage electronic hardware and software documentation.
· Liaise with internal departments to ensure designs meet their needs.
· Liaise with external suppliers to ensure designs can be produced in an economic and practical manner.
· Evaluate and validate robustness of electronic and software designs through analysis, prototype build and tests, and product life tests.
· Develop new products to comply with international standards including CE and UL.
· Provide technical support to the business for cost reduction, quality and process improvement and component obsolesce.
· Manage multiple projects.
Qualifications and Experience Levels:
· Degree in Electronic engineering or similar subject
· Good understanding of engineering principles
· At least 3 years hardware and embedded software design experience within a relevant industry
· A broad range of experience but ideally with strong all-round electronic design and software/firmware skills
· Experience in Bill of Material (BOM) structures
· Understanding of legislation and standards (IEC60335 and UL778)
· IT Skills: Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, ERP Systems
Knowledge and understanding of: -
· Switching power supplies
· Measurement techniques of the following: - temperature, water level sensing, voltage, frequency
· Power Control and PID
· AC and DC Motor drives (low power)
· Microchip PIC microcontrollers (8 and 16 bit)
· Embedded C coding (8 and 16 bit)
· Microchip MPLAB X IDE
· Stepper and brushless motor drive
· Schematic capture and PCB layout – preferably using Proteus
· Fault finding at component level
· Real time debugging of firmware
· Prototyping skills
· Bread boarding
· SMT hand assembly
· PCB assembly
· The ability to perform a multi-task job and adjust priorities as appropriate
· Good time management skills. Be able to take the initiative to meet deadlines and the ability to prioritize workload with minimal supervision
· Action and detail oriented
· Team player
· Exhibit a willingness to do things differently and consistently translate ideas into actions that deliver results
We endeavour to respond to all applications; however, due to the large volume this isn’t always possible. If you haven't heard from us within seven days, please assume you have not been successful for this particular role. Thank you for your interest and please continue to look at our website for future opportunities
£30k - £40k Annual
£35k - £40k Annual
£40k - £40k Annual
£25k - £28k Annual
£40k - £60k Annual