Mechanical Project Manager
Posted on Jul 4, 2019 by CV-Library
Job Title: Mechanical Project Manager
Job Type: Full-Time; Permanent
We are Atalian Servest, part of the Atalian Group. As experts in facilities management, we create environments which enable people to deliver exceptional experiences to help organisations to be more efficient, effective and sustainable.
We currently have an opportunity for a Project Manager to join the team.
Main duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Professionally monitor all engineers / operatives and subcontractors under his area of responsibility ensuring Health & Safety, compliance, quality of works and attention to detail is a main focus resulting in best value for money and Engineers efficiency when undertaking this work
- Project yourself, your team and the company in a courteous and professional manner at all times.
- Full understanding and ability to estimate works.
- Work closely and in conjunction with FM administration and helpdesk functions and follow FM processes at all times
- At all times, work to ensure contractual, financial, compliance and Health and Safety Risk is minimised to Atalian Servest Ltd.
- Work closely with site supervisors, to assist with development and improve technical knowledge an iimpart personal site / engineering knowledge of the Clients property portfolio.
- Develop and maintain professional policies and practices to ensure effective operations within the overall delivery team.
- Manage all projects & planned small works, SLA's of account within your control.
- Provide an effective and responsive service to all Client queries.
- Manage and develop effective relationships with external service providers.
- Maintain procedures for monitoring the effectiveness and performance of external consultants, contractors and suppliers.
- Carry out reviews of service contracts and undertake bench-marking and re-tendering as required.
- Liaise with external consultants, suppliers, contractors, statutory bodies and internal clients as required.
- Develop a planned regime for the pro-active maintenance of all fabric assets through-out your allocated portfolio.
- Understanding of P&L reports for internal purposes
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Educated to minimum of HND level in a mechanical discipline or an NVQ Level 2 or Level 3 or City & Guilds in Heating or Mechanical engineering qualification with 3-5 years post management experience.
- The candidate should either have; - - 3-5 years Project Management experience with a proven background in mechanical contracting, or
- - 3- 5 years Contract Management experience in mechanical R&M or small works including managing an operational site based or mobile team.
- Prince 2 or equivalent project management qualification is preferred.
- Hold a valid CSCS card and have relevant H&S qualifications for the position (SMSTS, First Aid etc.)
- Excellent communication skills including presentation and written report writing.
- Good PC skills, including advanced Excel, Asta Power Project or MS Project programming skills.
- Disclosure Scotland Clearance.
- Full driving licence.
Hours and Environment
The post will for 40 hours per week, based in Edinburgh - however travel will be required throughout Scotland and Northern England. Working hours are from 8am to 4:30pm Monday to Friday, however additional overtime may also be required to meet the needs of the business.
We are an equal opportunities employer and rely on diversity to deliver on our goals. We actively encourage applications from talented and qualified individuals regardless of race, gender, nationality.
*** STRICTLY NO AGENCIES
£50k - £60k Annual
£40k - £45k Annual
£65k - £75k Annual
£50k - £60k Annual
£65k - £70k Annual
£45k - £50k Annual
£50k - £55k Annual