Posted on Jul 4, 2019 by CV-Library
Requirements: Electrical & Mechanical experience with bespoke machinery
Location: 50% on road / 50% at site in Birmingham (this ratio may change depending on requirements)
Salary: £30,000 – £45,000 (depending on relevant experience and automation/special purpose machinery knowledge)
Due to business growth we are recruiting for a Service Engineer to join our expending work force. You will need to be very hands on and be involved with electrical & mechanical servicing & maintenance on our customer sites across the UK. When there is no service/maintenance requirements across the UK you will be expected to work from our main site in Birmingham, this should be a 50/50 split, however this ratio of site based/travel may change depending on requirements. For the initial 3 - 6 months after successfully joining our business, you will spend more time at our site in Birmingham while you undertake training and familiarise yourself with some of our projects.
Key skills required for the Service Engineer vacancy:
* Ideally from a Service, Maintenance or Automation background with hands on experience of servicing and maintaining bespoke/special purpose machinery on customers sites
* Previous experience should ideally be with automated machinery, bespoke machines, packaging systems, vision inspection machinery, robotic systems, pick & place robots, warehouse automation machinery, bagging machinery, end of line systems or similar automation machinery.
* Ideally to have a formal qualification in electrical engineering or mechanical engineering, however it is important that you have strong skills in both electro/mechanical engineering.
* Previous experience servicing and maintaining complex machinery, robotic systems, PLC controls, etc
* Be tenacious and be able to demonstrate out of box thinking ability to find solutions.
* To work from engineering drawings/designs.
* Able to work in a team environment or on your own.
* To work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
* Must have an appreciation of working with customers, on site, and be able to handle all stakeholder expectations.
* Must be eligible to work in the UK free from sponsorship/visa.
To apply for this Service Engineer vacancy please email your up to date CV to Cartisian Technical Recruitment
Cartisian Technical Recruitment is a specialist technical recruitment consultancy that specialises in Automation Jobs, Automotive Jobs, Science Jobs, Engineering Jobs, Technical Sales Jobs as well as senior executive level appointments and Interim. Our engineering recruitment consultants have many years of experience recruiting for the most sought after and in demand engineers across Product Development, Manufacturing, Purchasing & Supply Chain and Sales to include positions such as:
Mechanical Engineer, Mechanical Design Engineer, Product Designer, Electrical Design Engineer, Hardware Engineer, Firmware Engineer, Electronics Engineer, Software Engineer, Control Engineer, Engineering Manager, Production Manager, Quality Manager, Purchasing & Supply Chain Manager and Technical Sales.
Cartisian Technical Recruitment – Technical Recruitment for Automation, Scientific Technologies, Automotive, General Engineering & Manufacturing
£18k - £18k Annual
£22k - £25k Annual
£32k - £36k Annual