Posted on Jul 4, 2019 by CV-Library
Capita IT Resourcing is currently recruiting for a Resource Planner to join our TfL account on a permanent basis. Your role as Resource Planner will aid the transformation of several complex time-restricted programmes of change that will be fundamentally centred on the movement from an ‘on-prem’ estate to a Cloud-enabled architecture with the involvement of a large number of external service and technology vendors as well as a number of other key projects to be delivered across our large and complex portfolio of work. The primary focus of this area is to effectively manage the smooth transformation of a large-scale business’ critical offering into a cloud service and to ensure that resource. You will have a strong Planning background (including highly advanced MS Project skills) and have experience of developing resource-based plans.
Main responsibilities for the Resource Planner role:
* Strong planning and resource management to develop and implement (MS Project) resource-based planning approaches and detailed plans - including implement clear resource based estimates, plans and tracking of actual allocations across the account.
* Strong Excel (Pivot Tables) and very strong MS Project skills – ideally with experience in using tools (such as SAP) ideally for timesheets but not essential.
* Developing and refining clear planning standards and resource management processes.
* Experience of developing Earned Value Analysis (EVA) based models, and using MS Project resource-based plans to derive relevant metrics.
* Reporting on actuals – collating and analysing actuals resource usage from timesheet systems, quality checking, reporting information into Programme Management and Finance Teams
* Resource Demand – working with Project Managers and Programme Planner to understand resource demand forecasts for the Programme, validating data from Project plans and resource forecasts, assisting with impact assessments of new changes or change control to in-flight work.
* Resource Supply – working with functional leads to confirm current resource capacity analysis of supply vs. demand and reporting any overallocation.
* Responsibility for overseeing timesheet system and timesheet process improvements.
* Working closely with the Finance Team and Programme Planner to ensure billing happens to forecast, accurately and on time.
* Assuring project and programmes plans and working to ensure that relevant risks, issues, assumptions and dependencies are highlighted at appropriate levels.
* Developing and implementing clear change control processes.
* Supporting development of high-level plan views (such as Plans on a Page) at Project, Programme and Portfolio levels.
* Providing evidence-based reporting, including KPIs, resource heatmaps, utilisation etc.
Key skills and experience for the Resource Planner role:
* Experience of undertaking a similar role in a large enterprise programme.
* Resource planning for business transformation and technical cohorts.
* Experience of working within IT environments and excellent understanding of the Software Delivery Lifecycle (SDLC) and Project Development Lifecycle (PDLC).
* Experience of, and familiarity with, IT and business changes and associated Change Management and ITIL based processes.
* High attention to detail with documentation.
If you are interested in the Resource Planner role and would like to apply, please send me your CV in response to this advert for immediate consideration.
Capita IT Resourcing is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy