Mechanical Handling Engineer - customer sited
Posted on Jul 4, 2019 by CV-Library
* Carry out planned maintenance to pre-determined schedules and document fully.
* Carry out rebuilds on all Linde trucks.
* Identify faulty or sub-standard equipment through the use of industry expertise, diagnostic software, Guidance Notes (GN’s) and/or specialist advice.
* Inspect lifting chains & forks in accordance with relevant GN’s.
* Ensure all safety related guards and protective circuits are functional.
* Compile reports detailed damage &/or abuse.
* Identify spare parts through the use of LSG or appropriate pats lists.
* Compile parts orders, submit to parts dept and expedite where applicable.
* Complete weekly activity sheet and submit within published timescale.
* Observe Health & Safety requirements at all times.
* Report all accidents and near miss events as required.
* Dispose of waste oils, lubricants and contaminated waste appropriately.
* Observe speed limits and operate equipment in accordance with FTT requirements.
* Ensure all PPE is worn as required, maintained to safe standard & replaced accordingly
The successful candidate will be able to communicate with people of all levels whilst working as part of a team, keeping relevant team members informed, (including the Service Desk) of what jobs and breakdowns they are doing and any information which is necessary as part of a job handover.
When working as part of a team they will also be required to maintain the company Service standards and work together to meet the teams required performance metrics and KPI’s.
Applicants will ideally have a fork-truck engineering background and/or qualifications, will be skilled in engine and Battery powered trucks and will hold a driving licence and be computer literate