Production/Manufacturing Engineer (Cellular) - North Somerset/Bristol
Posted on Jul 4, 2019 by CV-Library
Are you a Production or Manufacturing Engineer looking for an exciting opportunity in Bristol/ North Somerset?
Then get in touch! Kingston Barnes has an exciting opportunity for a Production Engineer for one of our clients in Bristol. The Engineer is required to undertake improvement projects and own the manufacturing cell within the facility. Full training and development in company and manufacturing systems with excellent starting salary.
The Company: With the company's success continuing to grow steadily, they are looking at expanding the work force on site in order to maintain production levels. Their product is sold into diverse industries and they are looking forward to another successful year within this marketplace. The business has shown consistent growth and is constantly developing new systems to maintain their competitive advantage in existing markets. The successful Production Engineer will receive support and development which will provide you with an excellent opportunity to further yourself and progress your career within a continually expanding business.
The purpose of the role is to own the manufacturing system within the allocated manufacturing cell(s) by the creation, maintenance and continuous improvement of the safe and LEAN processes for existing and new products to ensure operations on time to standard and within budget within the allocated manufacturing cell.
• To design, prove, implement and maintain Cell manufacturing system to deliver existing, customised and new products safely, on time to standard and within budget according the required yield and efficiency level
• To implement, own and continuously improve the manufacturing cell's LEAN manufacturing processes according the guidelines of the Production System
• Documented and traceable processes for the allocated manufacturing Cell in compliance to the current regulations in terms of ISO 9001, 14001 and OHSAS18001
• Active training process, procedures, documentation and traceability to create and sustain the workforce competences within the allocated manufacturing cell
• Ownership and accountability to resolve or support any non-conformity, internal or external, impacting the manufacturing process of the allocated cell
• Elimination of routing and material variances impacting financial results of Product company
• Validated designs for manufacturing with accurate BOM
Qualifications and Experience
- Production Engineer background
- Experience working on CI projects, improving manufacturing processes
- Engineering degree or relevant equivalent
- Experience of working within an assembly environment/ cellular manufacturing
- Use of risk mitigation tools to control risks within processes and prioritise risk to be mitigated
- Relevant experience in implementing the principles of lean manufacturing
- Project management experience including implementation of complex and technically challenging projects
- Experience of utilising problem solving and root cause analysis tools in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in optimising production processes as well as providing production support and training
- Design for manufacture knowledge
- Proven track record of delivering projects on time and within budget
- Previous experience in key manufacturing principles such as TPM, 8D, 6S problem solving, product responsibility, continuous improvement process.
* Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK to apply for this position
£13 - £17.3 Hourly
£14.9 - £19.4 Hourly
£13 - £17.3 Hourly
£13 - £26 Hourly