Posted on Jul 4, 2019 by CV-Library
JOB DESCRIPTION: QUALITY INSPECTOR
1. POSITION SUMMARY
JOB TITLE: Quality Inspector EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Permanent
LINE MANAGER: Lead Supplier Quality Engineer
SALARY RANGE: Up to £29k, dependent upon experience WEEKLY HOURS: 37.5 per week, Mon – Fri
1. ABOUT THE COMPANY
Our clients programme combines innovation with best engineering practice to develop patented technologies, unlocking new levels of power density.
The company offers an exciting and fast-paced environment where innovative and unusual ideas are actively encouraged. The business is rapidly growing and as such is the ideal environment for a candidate looking for career progression and involvement in an industry-changing product from an early stage.
1. JOB FUNCTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Lead Supplier Quality Engineer, the successful candidate will be responsible for inspecting incoming components and subassemblies to inspection plans, CAD data and engineering drawings. The Quality Inspector is responsible for ensuring that all measurement and inspection equipment is calibrated or verified as appropriate.
Daily duties include:
* Inspecting incoming parts, materials and plating using specifications.
* Conducting visual inspection and measurement where required.
* Rejecting nonconforming materials and raising reject paperwork.
* Notifying the Buyer and the Supplier Quality Engineer of nonconformances.
* Documenting inspection results by completing reports.
* Updating the MRP system, Epicor.
* Maintaining the calibration of measurement equipment.
* Maintaining a safe and healthy work environment, by following standards and procedures.
* An organised self-starter and logical thinker.
* Clear positive work ethic with a desire to get the job done.
* Excellent communication skills: ability to deal effectively and considerately with a wide variety of individuals.
* An enthusiastic, positive, calm and accommodating approach to work and changing priorities in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
* A high level of attention to detail, with an aspiration to deliver technical excellence.
* Commitment to achieving the company’s long-term business objectives and succeeding as a team.
1. SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Fully conversant with engineering drawings and geometric tolerancing.
Extensive experience in the use of hand inspection equipment.
Highly experienced with CMM, Faro Arm and Surftest.
Numerate and computer literate in standard Microsoft Office software packages.
The ability to work as part of a team, under pressure and with a good sense of humour.
Full engineering apprenticeship would be useful, but good engineering experience would be considered/ proven, checkable experience in a similar role.
Knowledge / experience in Teamcenter PLM software and Epicor MRP system will be useful, but training can be provided.
Salary: to £29k Permanent – Location; Shoreham by Sea
£10 - £13 Hourly
£33k - £33k Annual
£17k - £19k Annual
£29.4k - £30.4k Annual
£28k - £32k Annual
£10.8 - £10.8 Hourly
£23 - £24 Hourly
£23.5 - £23.5 Hourly
£25k - £27k Annual