Mechanical Design Engineer - Rochdale
Posted on Jul 4, 2019 by CV-Library
The Design Engineer will be working in a busy design office, producing drawings and bills of materials for the company’s products. Other duties may include:
* Provides technical support that address process concerns in product developments
* Analyzes and isolate root causes of process issues and develop and implement permanent solutions
* Establishes customer and internal engineering change orders (ECOs), processes and incorporates the changes, and insures changes become effective.
* Respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or other members of the manufacturing community.
* Performs engineering activities in compliance with established company and manufacturing standards, engineering principles, customer requirements, and related specifications.
* Confers with internal customers and engineering staff concerning product design and tooling to insure efficient production methods.
* Confers with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing engineering capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
* Analyzes existing process control systems, determine their effectiveness, and drive to improve systems, leading to measurable reduction in scrap and variable cost (labor, materials).
The client is looking for candidates with 3+ years experience in mechanical design, with specific experience of machinery design, ideally of material handling equipment. With this some strong project management skills, and excellent communication with experience of dealing with customers. The client is looking for a Design Engineer with either a degree or someone who has served as an apprentice, who can use both AutoCad and Inventor (Or similar CAD package).
The client is offering circa £32k depending on experience, 25 days holidays, half a day on a Friday, contributory pension scheme. With this you will have the opportunity to progress and develop as an engineer, gaining exposure to managing the full project life cycle on a wide variety of projects.
Please apply for consideration or contact Ruth Llewellyn at White Label