Senior Mechanical Engineer (Product Development )
Posted on Jul 4, 2019 by CV-Library
South East Ref: ABJ4391
12 month contract £320 a day ltd (8 hr day) – Full time
A senior mechanical engineer in product development is urgently required to join the Innovation Team for a Global organisation. As senior mechanical engineer you will lead projects and support the development and delivery of compliant products in full alignment to the innovative products area. As senior mechanical engineer you will develop the products, sub-components, materials and knowledge required to deliver superior performance for consumers This role overlooks all aspects of a project’s lifecycle from ideation through to deployment. The successful candidate will develop and assist in the delivery of new innovative technologies in line with company requirements to provide consumer relevant innovations whilst supporting a sustainable business model.
Supplier interaction pivotal to the role.
* Conceptualization of a new product and prove out solutions (POA, POC)
* Undertake all necessary activities in the Mechanical Design, development and proving of new innovative solutions throughout the product life cycle. (concept – develop – launch)
* Creation and review of external prototype designs to ensure product and business needs are met
* CAD development and analysis
* Design for manufacture (DFM) and assembly
* Test and validation
* Root cause analysis and issue resolution
* Documentation, drawings and spec creation
* Manage engineering changes
* Prototyping and model creation
* Providing technical support and guidance for project engineers within the team.
* Completion of technology feasibility studies.
* Specification & design of new manufacturing technologies & processes.
* Providing technical documentation to support new designs.
* Review of the technology landscape to enable the development of future technology platforms.
* Degree or equivalent in mechanical engineering, mechatronics or related product design degree.
* Proficient CAD user preferably solidworks
* In depth knowledge of product development and manufacturing techniques and technologies
* Proven experiences of developing mass produced consumer electronics products.
* Extensive experiences of assessing and adopting different materials for various industry applications.
* Experience working with large scale external manufacturers and suppliers, particularly in Asia.
* Strong knowledge base regarding design analysis such as mold flow, motion analysis, thermal transfer and assembly tolerance analysis (e.g clash detection)
* Problem solving and resolution using failure analysis tools like CT Scan, X-ray or Microscope .etc as well as the ability to adopt the quality mindset for root cause analysis of the issue and finding a solution.
* Willing to get their hands dirty, i.e. produce, assemble, disassemble and test the prototype samples.
* Experienced in employing development techniques such as FMEA, DFA, DFM, etc
* Chartered Engineer (desirable)
* Experience with any of Microsoft Project, Visio, Prince2.
* Any device, batteries, electronics e.g. from a telecoms background desirable
To Apply: If you would like to be considered for this role, please contact Alison Basson at Hudson Shribman Scientific Recruitment Please call on (phone number removed) OR +44 (phone number removed)