Paint Process Engineer
Posted on Jul 4, 2019 by CV-Library
You will eventually be responsible for their 2 paint facilities (one that is 5 years old and the other that is 20 years old) ensuring that they perform technically.
You will have 2 direct reports (Paint Process Engineers) when transitioning into the Manager role.
Training will be carried out by a Paint Engineer from their Head office, who will be expected to remain on site until 2020.
* Deploy improvement projects aligned with the departmental strategic KPI’s.
* Support daily management system to maintain stability within the area (QCD)
* Audit systems to maintain stability within the processes.
* Liaise with cross-functional teams during implementation of projects Main functions / Assigned tasks
* Take direction from Manufacturing Manager
* Ensure H&S standards during planning and implementation stages
* Active participation in audits to maintain stability within the standard processes.
* Problem solving against deviations in daily management system (SDCA)
* Work with multiple projects leading continuous improvement teams (Quality, Cost, Delivery)
* Lead or participate in problem solving activities to solve customer concerns or rectify internal non conformances Design and implementation of standard processes with Value Added activities and ergonomic.
* Create, improve & manage a robust TPM activity within the paint facility
* Calculate manpower and capacity requirements according to internal needs.
* Liaise with Suppliers to ensure that activities are commencing on-time and in-line with requirements
* Support new projects department on the creation of the paint application process.
* Participate in the FMEA process for current and new projects.
* Assess products and processes by doing feasibility studies.
Required competences (Knowledge, expertise)
* Full understanding & technical knowledge of paint, paint application, paint processes, paint problem solving & ABB robots MRP/MPS systems (preferably Baan)
* Competent in Excel / Word / Power-point programmes
* Lean manufacturing concepts – standard work, 5s, SMED, TPM, Educated in Maths, English and science to a minimum of GSCE or equivalent level
Required professional experience
* Planning and problem solving skills with attention to detail.
* Automotive experience.
* Experienced in managing and improving production performance of a paint facility
* Experienced in motivating and developing a manufacturing group to perform in a fast paced environment
* Be both a team player and able to work alone
* Excellent communicator at all levels both internally and externally.
* Flexible approach to working, in terms of hours to ensure targets are met.
* Good problem solving skills with ability to work using your own initiative
£45k - £52k Annual
£45k - £52k Annual
£40k - £52k Annual
£0 - £0 Annual