Finance Operations Manager
Posted on Jul 4, 2019 by CV-Library
You will be working within the Finance function, responsible for the day to day running of the Finance Operations function. You will identify process improvements and proactively seek opportunities to drive efficiency and automation. We are looking for a strong people manager who will develop team members and create a progressive team structure.
What you will be doing:
- Ensure all daily activities and SLAs within Finance Operations are completed
- Responsible for the Bank reconciliation process, ensuring that key areas are escalated
- Lead the Finance Operations involvement in the external audit
- Lead high profile projects / tasks within Finance Operations, presenting to BLT, ExCo and other senior management on progress and outcomes
- Lead process improvement in Finance Operations, proactively identifying areas for improvement and highlighting any inefficiencies
- Work with IT to progress any Finance changes requiring IT support, through the different stages of the project lifecycle
- Build and maintain excellent working relationships with Finance, IT departments, and other key stakeholdersManage team objectives and resourcing for both Finance Operations
- Recruit, train and employ high calibre employees within budget, headcount levels and temporary resource requirements
- Coach, mentor, and develop staff, including overseeing new employee onboarding and providing career development planning and opportunities
- Provide oversight and direction to employees in accordance with the firm's policies, procedures, standards and SLAs
- Working with the Head of Finance Operations to develop a culture of performance management, improvement and appraisal as a foundation for excellent organisational performance
What you need to be great at this role:
- 2.1 in a Business or Accounting
- Qualified ACCA / CIMA
- Previous experience in a Financial Services organisation
- Strong MS Excel skills up to macro level
- Proven to be a champion of change who challenges all processes
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible