Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Posted on Jul 4, 2019 by CV-Library
£30k - £55k
On the border of Herts Beds and Bucks
Looking for all levels - from Engineer to principle design engineers.
Working as a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer you will play a key role in the development of major projects for an expanding aerospace engineering origination. You will lead design activities on projects whilst mentoring junior engineers from concept stage through to development. The work will mainly focus around the design and development of rotating machinery developing original concepts for design challenges and then developing these into robust products. Other responsibilities will include:
Within a large state of the art facility and an open plan environment you will need great communication skills and the ability to work with cross functional engineering teams.
The ideal candidate will be from an aerospace background or a similar regulated environment and have hands on mechanical design experience ideally with some knowledge of rotating machines, motors, generators or turbines.
Responsibilities of the Mechanical Design Engineer…
- Liaise with other departments on your design concepts to ensure compliance with different aspects such as stress, manufacturing etc.
- Produce design schemes, including CAD models.
- Taking the lead on design activities on projects and keeping to tight deadlines.
- Take designs from the concept stage through development and testing into production.
- Producing design reports and documentation.
Candidate Skills and Requirements…
- A mechanical degree within aerospace or a relevant field.
- Experience with 3D CAD software.
- Extensive design experience.
- Understanding of engineering materials.
- Good understanding of FEA and thermal analysis
£50k - £62k Annual
£50k - £62k Annual
£30k - £37k Annual
£40k - £50k Annual