Area Sales Manager - Safety Equipment & Services
Posted on Jul 4, 2019 by CV-Library
SALARY: £35,000 - £42,000 Basic
· £50,000 - £60,000 OTE, realistic and uncapped - commission ramps up considerably for over target performance.
· Company Car (Audi A4, VW Passat type)
· Full Home Communications Package including laptop, mobile etc
· Contributory Pension Scheme
· Full Out of Pocket Expenses including Company Fuel Card
· 25 Days Holidays plus the stats.
LOCATION: Within an hour and a half of Leeds covering M62 and surrounding areas.
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Manchester, Bradford, York, Huddersfield, Oldham, Rochdale, Preston, Blackburn, Doncaster, Sheffield, Rotherham, Wakefield, Barnsley, Wetherby, Harrogate
JOB SPECIFICATION: Area Sales Manager : Health and Safety Equipment and Services to Construction / Contractor / Industrial and Utilities Markets
· The role is initially mainly new business generation using your own market knowledge and contacts, also you have access to the Group’s impressive database, and you will get website, exhibition and other marketing generating leads.
· You will be looking to get in front of a range of decision makers at clients including Plant Managers, Health and Safety Managers, Hire Controllers, Purchasing Managers and other specifiers of safety equipment to fact find to find out about their issues and needs and providing them with a product and service solution from the company’s wide product range.
· The aim to become a “trusted advisor” to the customer, delineating yourself from your competition, enabling you to get specified satisfy the customer’s specific needs before Purchasing are involved.
· You will get a lot of operational and logistical and marketing support from head office.
REQUIREMENTS: Area Sales Manager : Health and Safety Equipment and Services to Construction / Contractor and Utilities Markets
· To be considered for this potentially rewarding role in terms of financial reward and career progression you will ideally have a proven track record of sales and new business success in the health and safety products and equipment markets.
· My client will also consider exceptional candidates from related or other backgrounds like work wear, tools or other consumables or equipment, but selling into relevant markets.
· You will be driven to succeed, motivated to exceed targets and reap the financial rewards, but professional and credible and ambitious to progress your career and grow a team and a business.
· Established for over 10 years, my client was acquired in 2014 by a larger group during which time the turnover has increased by over 400% with a lot of scope for much further growth.
· My client supplies wide range of confined space and hazardous area safety equipment for working at heights and confined spaces and associated consultancy and service back up.
· They are a genuine safety specialist and pride themselves on the fact that they will take trouble to go to site to assess and understand customers’ specific needs, support the customer and do what they say they are going to do.
· The holding group was established in 2004 and has become one of, if not the, leading health and safety, training, accreditations and consultancy providers to the construction and utilities markets in the UK. Their client base is a “who’s who” of the major companies in those industries.
· My client is another very successful example of successful acquisitions by this very successful £11m turnover group.
Superb; to build sales, reap the financial rewards and to recruit and build a team - a business within a business.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Sales Manager - Health and Safety Equipment, Gas Monitoring to Construction / Contractor and Utilities Markets / Work wear / Tools, Sales Representative - Health and Safety Equipment and Services to Construction / Contractor / Industrial and Utilities Markets, National Account Manager - Health and Safety Equipment and Services to Construction / Contractor and Utilities Markets, Business Development Manager - Health and Safety, Gas Monitoring Equipment to Construction / Contractor / Industrial and Utilities Markets / Work wear / Tools
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Rod Plowe quoting Area Sales Manager : Health and Safety Equipment to Construction / Contractor and Utilities Markets and reference RP15500 to DD: +44 (0)(phone number removed) Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: +44 (0) (phone number removed). Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based
£35k - £60k Annual
£35k - £60k Annual
£35k - £60k Annual