General Operative - Speciality Alloys (Revert/Scrap Material)
Posted on Jul 4, 2019 by CV-Library
Salary & Benefits: £9-12 p.h. dependent on experience
The company is a 200 year old metal trading business that offers a range of refined metals, metal powders, solders & alloys and specialty alloys (Nickel/Cobalt/Secondary pures).
The company is embarking on an exciting growth strategy and will relocate in late 2019 to purpose built new premises on the Sheffield/Barnsley border (S75 3DH). Until that time your place of work would be the current site in Sheffield (S3 7BL).
Due to continued growth an exciting opportunity has arisen for a full-time general operative within the revert alloy department.
This role requires a hands-on approach, the successful candidate will work in all areas of the processing, packing and dispatch areas.
Flexibility maybe required working overtime and possibility of shift work (days and afternoon) for this role.
A good package and training opportunities are available for the right candidate who has a positive attitude to train and develop their skills within the organisation.
Key responsibilities will include:
* Loading & unloading of vehicles using an FLT counterbalance
* Fill out relevant paperwork to a high standard
* Metal processing to customer requirements
* Packing off finished product to customer requirements
* Blending materials to customer requirements
* Order picking and relocating materials
* Be able to follow written and verbal instruction
* Good understanding of housekeeping and continuous improvements (5S Standard)
* Use of email, spreadsheets and internal I.T systems (Training will be provided)
* Must adhere to company operating procedures and Adhere to company health and safety rules
Work experience & skills
The successful candidate must have a proven/strong background working with special/exotic nickel and cobalt revert material within a warehouse environment. The candidate must possess satisfactory I.T skills and have strong written, communication and organisational skills. The candidate must also be able to work from their own initiative and as part of the existing team with a good proven record of health & safety.
The successful candidate desirably will have 3 GCSEs at grade C and above. Ideally, Maths, English, Science.
A valid FLT licence (RTITB) is an advantage but not essential as training will be provided.
Knowledge of 5s housekeeping and lean manufacturing is an advantage.
Please Note: an aptitude test will form part of the interview process and a job offer will be conditional on a full medical. Proof that you are eligible to work in the UK must be provided