Posted on Jul 4, 2019 by CV-Library
I am seeking an experienced and ambitious Engineering Director for new role with an industry leading organisation in Cheshire, which manufactures precision components for the aerospace and nuclear industries, among others. This well-established business is looking to build on its excellent market reputation by adding an experienced leader who can give direction to the mid-tier management team and drive performance improvement.
This Engineering Director position is seen as a key role for the business in the short term as it seeks to improve its profit margins and manufacturing efficiency. The business is fully committed to personal development and to providing its employees with a flexible environment, setting them up to succeed and to grow both technically and personally.
Roles & Responsibilities
As the Engineering Director, you will be responsible for:
* Driving OTIF delivery on all orders; coaching and developing the team internally to deliver excellent customer service.
* Setting SMART KPIs and managing the team to deliver against objectives.
* Maintenance and improvement of Quality Management Systems; training and increasing awareness of skills within engineering and the wider business.
* Coordination of CI and Business Improvement activity; embedding a culture where staff at all levels have the right mindset to suggest improvements.
* Strategic input in company planning whilst leading change and aligning the management team to achieve a common goal.
* Experience of having direct leadership responsibility for business unit managers and over 100 indirect reports.
* Background in manufacturing, ideally working with precision machining techniques for the aerospace and nuclear industries.
* Good problem solving and diagnostic skills, attention to detail and a track record for delivering business change.
* Track record for successfully driving operational improvements and implementing OTIF delivery rates.
* Experience of reporting to board level and providing strategic direction, then delivering and implementing strategies.
Remuneration & Progression
You will be offered a generous remuneration package including a basic salary in the region of £70k to £80k for this Engineering Director role, along with a company car and a generous remuneration package.
If this role sounds as though it could be interesting, please apply by forwarding a copy of your most recent CV and I will call to pass on some more information
£70k - £85k Annual
£80k - £90k Annual