Software Test Engineer
Posted on Jul 4, 2019 by CV-Library
£40,000-£50,000 per annum + Benefits
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated and skilled people on the planet? Do you want to be part of a company who has been named Best Employer in Aerospace and Defence by award winning institutions?
If so, this Software Test Engineer position could be for you. Joining a team and building a successful career while helping to deliver the most trusted, high-integrity solutions to the aviation world.
Due to continued growth, this highly successful engineering company are looking to expand there SATCOM team and are currently seeking a proven Software Test Engineer. The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering flexible, highly reliable, cost effective aviation solutions to evolve and adapt WAN technologies to optimise customer capabilities.
Responsibilities will include:
* Derive test cases from requirements and technical documentation.
* Write, maintain and debug automated tests in Python.
* Setup and execute manual test cases.
* Troubleshoot issues, raise defect reports and perform root-cause analysis on failures.
* Design test fixtures and equipment.
* Drive continuous process improvement and be actively involved in identifying opportunities to adopt innovative testing technologies and techniques
* Maintain test rigs and environments.
* Experience of test automation using Python.
* Experience of testing wireless networks and communications systems (i.e. SATCOM).
* A strong understanding of testing and automation technologies.
* Experience of delivering and maintaining Linux installations.
* Sound knowledge of software testing methodologies.
* Use of defect tracking systems and version control systems.
* Experience of testing embedded software products.
*Experience using Selenium is highly beneficial
*Experience of Agile methodology, TDD, BDD and Continuous Integration.
* Experience using COTS test software and equipment (Spirent TestCenter, Ixia VeriWave, etc.).
Competitive Pension Contribution
Long Term Disability Income Protection
25 Days Holiday (Increasing with service)
Subsidised Health and Dental Insurance
To be considered for this opportunity, please click apply!
For more information, please email an up to date cv or call Aarron on (phone number removed) to discuss!
Keywords: Software, Test Engineer, Python, SATCOM, Wireless Networks, WAN, Satellite, Aviation, Aerospace, Selenium, Test Scripts
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy
£40k - £45k Annual
£0 - £0 Annual
£40k - £50k Annual