Technical Sales Estimator
Posted on Jul 4, 2019 by CV-Library
* Responsibility for processing and developing client enquiries from receipt through to bid/tender submission on current and new business opportunities.
* Dealing with technical enquiries from customers the successful candidate will liaise with internal departments and subcontractor service providers to enable complete product and service offering costs to be developed in support of all bids.
* Reporting to the Sales Manager, the role is office based providing internal support to the sales team in preparing quotations and submissions to clients.
* The candidate will be responsible for handling enquiries by telephone and emails and must be able to remain focused in a dynamic open office environment. Attention to detail is essential.
* In this role you will handle confidential and sensitive customer and commercial information and therefore must remain professional and discreet in your work; you should be able to understand business aims and objectives and work with these in mind whilst carrying out your responsibilities.
* Reviewing terms and conditions.
* Analyse tender documents and specifications.
* Liaise with appropriate internal and external bodies.
* Collate appropriate relevant and accurate information relating to individual enquiries.
* Produce accurate costings and estimates for products using available calculation models.
* Provide estimates/quotes based on customer requirements.
* Respond to enquiries in a timely and efficient manner.
* Support the sales team with day to day enquiries.
* Provide general office support for the sales team.
* Helping generate leads from existing and new accounts.
* Observe the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) regarding sharing customer contacts or documentation that could contain such material.
Required Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
* Experience in an estimating role preferred.
* Familiar with the metals industry (castings or forgings manufacture preferable).
* Ability to read technical drawings and specifications would be an advantage.
* Excellent Maths and English.
* Excellent IT competency – excel and word mandatory.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Experience of working in a team environment.
* Ability to multi task and prioritise workload.
* Salary negotiable depending on skill set/experience.
* Day shift, office based role.
* Pension scheme.
* Holiday package