Senior Electrical Design Engineer
Posted on Jul 4, 2019 by CV-Library
Location : Goole
Salary : Negotiable
As a Senior Design Engineer the role is a key appointment within the electrical team. The role requires a senior level engineer to help lead the electrical engineering activities, providing detailed design engineering as well as working closely with the sales/estimating team to provide concept designs, estimates and budgets to a wide-ranging variety of projects. This position will report directly to the Electrical & Controls Manager. This role is ideally suited to an engineer who can take the lead on all electrical engineering and has a wide breadth of knowledge of building electrical requirements. In addition to main design duties this role enjoys a close working relationship with live engineering projects. The candidate will need to support the site operations team and be able to make informed decisions on all electrical matters.
This role will suit somebody who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment, working with multiple disciplines, new technologies and new concepts.
This would suit a person who is a Chartered Engineer or someone working towards a professional body qualification.
Responsibilities of a Senior Electrical Design Engineer
* Review enquiries with the electrical team and agree a concept design for all systems.
* Provide concept designs and costings and assist in tender preparation including specification writing.
* Development of initial concept designs to full detailed design on successful projects — taking the lead of the electrical team as required.
* Produce detailed designs with all aspects of electrical design including, Low Voltage distribution, Cable management systems, Fire detection and alarms, Lighting design (including controls), Small power, Structured cabling/data point provision.
* Calculate voltage drops, supply sizes, protections systems etc.
* Have a solid understanding of electrical requirements for building and HVAC systems.
* Responsible for leading electrical designs to agreed project budgets and ensuring all team members take financial responsibility in design.
* Assist in the preparation of bills of materials.
* Attend Design Meetings
Qualifications and Experience:
* Experience using software packages such as Amtech and Hevacomp etc
* A good understanding LV systems and experience of HV is an advantage.
* Experience of renewable technology and in particular CHP connections.
* Minimum of Degree qualified within Building Services.
* Charted Engineer or working towards with professional body registration such as CIBSE or IET. Strong technical experience essential.
If you would like to learn more about this role please click apply or e-mail your CV or call(phone number removed)
Nicholas Associates Professional is a highly respected industry leading professional recruitment agency specialising exclusively in Executive Search and Selection, Construction, Engineering and Technical, and Finance and Accountancy roles across the UK and internationally. Working with many of the UK's most well-known client brands, we are passionate about matching the best talent to the best roles.
Nicholas Associates Professional is part of Nicholas Associates Group, a market leading partner of choice for talent management solutions, from Apprentice to Boardroom. For us, it's all about enabling people to be their best.
To find out more about us please visit (url removed)