Senior Project Manager
Posted on Jul 4, 2019 by CV-Library
A Senior Project Manager is accountable for projects of significant value, complexity and risk.
Based in Malton, North Yorkshire.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Working with bid teams to scope projects and determine requirements, including exclusions and assumptions.
• Providing cost and delivery estimates and quotations, including margin and cash flow analysis.
• Contributions to tender preparation.
• Preparation of project schedules.
• Evaluating project risks.
• Developing partnering/supplier strategies.
• Reading and interpreting project specifications.
• Working with the project teams to plan resource requirements, project milestones and deliverables.
• Preparing project budgets and developing a cost base for the project.
• Preparing key planning documents such as Project Execution Plans, Risk Register, Delivery Schedule etc.
• Generating resourced and costed schedules of work (Microsoft Project or Primavera P6).
• Setting up project files and templates.
• Holding internal and external opening-up meetings.
• Risk assessment and mitigation plans.
• Lead the partnering/supplier strategy and develop contracts for sub-contractors.
• Ensure the availability of SQEP personnel to deliver the contract.
• Overall management, tracking and controlling of the project.
• Controlling project costs.
• Reporting internally on project performance.
• Tracking and reporting internally on the financial performance of the project including spend profiles, budgeted and earned values, forecasted completion costs etc. using the Company’s Business Management System.
• Manage change control throughout the project including Early Warning Notices and Compensation Event Notices.
• Managing the project team.
• Develop a cost base for the project.
• Supply chain management.
• Risk management.
• Ensuring invoices are submitted and monies are received.
• Key customer interface for the project including contractual change control, customer reporting and progress meetings.
• Develop and implement the overall project schedule including resource allocation and critical path analysis.
• Planning/managing contract close-out review meetings.
• Compilation of Lifetime Quality Records.
Our client has been established for over 20 years locally and is focused on delivering design solutions to the nuclear industry, specialising in the design of mechanical handling plant and equipment, the design and installation of plant control systems and the provision of support to plant safety reviews.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience of managing independently projects of significant value (£500k - £1M), complexity and risk, preferably within the UK nuclear or other highly regulated industry.
• Track record of project delivery success.
• Experience in an engineering or manufacturing environment.
• Good experience in contract change management.
• Risk management experience on large projects.
• Good contractual understanding, particularly NEC 3.
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Project and/or Primavera P6.
• Commercially focused and financially literate.
• Associate Member of APM and working towards achievement of Full Membership (MAPM).
• Tertiary engineering/technical qualification such as HNC, degree or equivalent experience.
• UK driving licence.
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.
Fircroft is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner as required under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679. Fircroft will only process your personal data for the specific purposes of managing your application
£65k - £65k Annual
£60k - £65k Annual
£50k - £60k Annual
£65k - £70k Annual
£40k - £55k Annual