Posted on Jul 4, 2019 by CV-Library
My client is looking to recruit a Safety Engineer based at Bristol, primarily targeted at the Aerospace domain, but also involving land and naval domain activities. Operating within the Safety and Environmental Management System, the role will involve defining project safety and environmental requirements, providing guidance on product safety and environmental issues and the production of hazard and accident logs, safety and environmental assessments/cases and associated documentation. The role will also require the successful applicant to review the evidence supporting the safety certification of products including monitoring the hazard tracking system and actively managing the safety risks.
This role is to provide product safety and environmental management support to projects and engineering activities at Bristol. This includes reviewing customer requirements; identifying applicable regulations, legislation and standards and defining associated requirements; developing and maintaining safety management plans; conducting, documenting and managing hazard and risk assessments and mitigation strategies; and developing robust arguments for safety cases.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge
* Is aware that a Safety and Environmental Impact Management System (SEMS) implements the requirements of the Company Policies. Understands the requirements of all of the processes in the SEMS and is able to implement those requirements within a project. Is able to help others within the project to correctly implement the requirements of a SEMS. Has provided informal guidance on the implementation of a SEMS to projects.
* Knows how to identify forthcoming changes to legislation and analyse the potential impact on the Company. Has assessed multi-national legislative requirements. Has planned and supported the implementation of a legislative compliance programme.
* Has extensive knowledge of the legal requirements for safety and the supporting standards that apply to products. Understands how emerging legislation will affect these products. Has assessed the effect of new legislation upon the products and raised awareness of the implications.
* Is able to produce a Safety and Environmental Management Plan that captures the requirements of the SEIMS and of the customer for a single system project and manage activities in accordance with that plan
* Knows how to plan and implement a safety assessment programme for a project that covers safety activities undertaken by both internal and external suppliers. Is able to identify hazards and assess the associated risk of harm. Has planned and implemented a safety assessment programme and reviewed the Safety Assessment of a project external supplier. Has chaired hazard identification and risk analysis meetings for projects. Has populated and managed hazard logs using tools. Has endorsed the tolerability declarations as part of a Project Safety Committee. Has advised projects method of hazard identification for a particular type of system.
* Has knowledge of a number of documents that define the structure of Safety Cases. Knows how to structure a system Safety Case Report for a complex product in accordance with one or more of those documents. Is able to review a Safety Case Report with regard to both persuasive content and structure/layout.
* Has created acceptable safety case reports for complex systems in accordance with one or more of the defining documents. Has provided guidance and/or advice to projects and suppliers on requirements for Safety Cases and has reviewed the resultant document for acceptability.
* Is aware of the legal requirements of incident investigation and knows how to implement a Company Investigation process and has been a member of an incident investigation team, participating in witness interviews and the collection of evidence. Has contributed to the production of the report of the inquiry and has aided the communication of the findings and the recommended product and/or process changes
* Is able to deliver an overview of the legal requirements for Product Safety and give induction training on the Company Product Safety and Environmental Management System.
* Working knowledge of the legal and contractual regulations and a working knowledge of the applicable safety and environmental standards.
* Has been present at safety committee meetings. Has independently reviewed safety documents and has performed safety management audits on projects within a Line of Business.
* Knowledge and experience of the following standards: Def Stan 00-56; Def Stan 00-55; Def Stan 00-970; MIL-STD-882; EN61508; RTCA DO178/254; ARP4761
* Knowledge and experience of the following legislation: EU Directive (e.g. EMC, LVD; machinery; radio equipment); RoHS; WEEE; REACH; PUWER.
* Knowledge and experience of the following customer policies, processes and tools: POSMS and POEMS; MAA RAs; JSPs; DSAs; eCassandra
Simply click on the apply button now.
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn
£65 - £65 Hourly
£50 - £55 Hourly
£40 - £40.5 Hourly
£40 - £40.5 Hourly
£40 - £40.5 Hourly