Java Developer - JVM and Spring
Posted on Jul 4, 2019 by CV-Library
You will be a JVM language enthusiast, have experience using Spring, Cassandra, Docker, Kafka, Redis, AWS Cloud services, Git and build.
You’ll be responsible for:
* Write clean, efficient, thoroughly tested code, backed-up with pair programming and code reviews. Much of our code is in Java, but we are constantly evaluating all kinds of languages and frameworks on the JVM and we welcome programmers of all backgrounds
* Engage with your team to evolve development standards and practices to resolve problems and roadblocks as they occur with help from managers
* Develop scalable and highly-performant distributed systems with everything this entails (availability, monitoring, resiliency)
* Work with team members to take ownership of technical and architecture of critical components and systems
* Actively participate in code and design review including documenting and communicating decisions
* Being part of a multi-functional team engaging with business partners to flesh out and deliver requirements from inception to production in an agile manner
Skills and Experience:
* Have deep experience and expertise using Java to craft software solutions
* Have experience using Cassandra, Docker, Kafka, Redis, AWS Cloud services, Git and build tools
* Are experienced creating microservice architecture, design with an eye towards distributed scaling
* Have a real passion for clean code; unit testing, automation testing and continuous delivery
* An enthusiastic mentor who gets a kick out of seeing the team improve and thrive
* Have drive with practicality; a critical thinker who speaks out and can defend views; dedicated to solving problems at team and organisational level; are open and flexible
* Are very passionate and creative about learning, especially in the areas of technology, service design patterns and system architecture to deliver value to our customers
If you feel you fit the above criteria, please apply today.
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK