Senior Mechanical Engineer
Posted on Jul 4, 2019 by CV-Library
Our client is looking to recruit a number of Senior Mechanical Engineers to work on a permanent basis from our office in Bamber Bridge near Preston, Lancashire.
As a Senior Mechanical Engineer you will be responsible for the following:
• Translating user requirements and technical specifications into concept designs and fully engineered design solutions, either working on an individual basis or as the leader of a small team of engineers and designers.
• Planning and executing engineering and design activities.
• Production of technical reports and specifications.
• Production of design substantiation documentation and scoping calculations.
• Undertaking site surveys and producing survey reports.
• Undertaking technical reviews and risk assessments.
• Complying with all applicable statutory and regulatory requirements, and ensuring work is undertaken in accordance with relevant company procedures.
The predominant design software application used is Autodesk Inventor and as such it is expected that the candidate will have demonstrable experience.
Our client has been established for over 20 years locally and is focused on delivering design solutions to the nuclear industry, specialising in the design of mechanical handling plant and equipment, the design and installation of plant control systems and the provision of support to plant safety reviews.
They offer a number of benefits including Group Personal Pension Scheme, Life Assurance and our popular Flexible Working Scheme which helps out working parents and employees that may need to start work later or leave work earlier.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
Ideally you will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience within previous 10 years working within the Nuclear industry, or another highly regulated industry, and a Bachelor Honours Degree / HND or HNC in a related discipline.
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.
Fircroft is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner as required under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679. Fircroft will only process your personal data for the specific purposes of managing your application
£50k - £55k Annual
£32 - £38 Annual
£45k - £55k Annual
£38.6k - £38.6k Annual
£35k - £45k Annual
£30 - £40 Hourly