Operator Technician (Fuels)
Posted on Jul 4, 2019 by CV-Library
Looking for your next permanent position within a hazrdous area plant environment?
Location: Saffron Walden
Salary: £26799 rising to £28849 after training
Hours: 37.5 per week
* Control and operation of basic plant and equipment
* Report and investigate deviations from normal operating conditions and be able to deal with basic process upsets.
* Responsible for the operation and security of the Petroleum Supply Depot (PSD), associated sites and to assist with maintenance.
* Accountable for safe, efficient and effective delivery of work Operations for self, work colleagues, plant & equipment and all stakeholders.
* Setting up of pumping routes for the receiving, delivery and inter-site movement of product
* Tank dipping
* Product sampling
* Control of import and export operations
* Additive handling and storage
* Approved Inspector of fuel quality
* Undertaking planned maintenance, installation & testing of plant & equipment
* General cleaning of site and facilities
* Responsibilities under Emergency Preparedness
* Provision of assistance / ownership of site project
* Liaise with SCADA control to facilitate the efficient and safe operation of the depot, pipelines and associated sites.
* Rgular checks, in accordance with procedures of site pipelines, tanks and other facilities to ensure stock conservancy is maintained.
* Issue permits to work, when trained and authorised to staff, employeesl and contractors carrying out work at the depot and associated facilities.
* Monitoring of contractors working on site
* Attend to call-outs in accordance with local arrangements.
Experience in a regulated industry
Experience of safety management systems such as Permit to Work, Standard Operating Procedures and Risk Assessment.
NVQ level 3 Petroleum Control Operations /Process Engineering.
Certificate or Diploma in relevant discipline i.e. engineering, manufacturing, applied science.
Certificate in Process Technology.
IOSH ‘Working Safely’
Experience in fuel handling environments.
knowledge of COSHH (Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations)
Knowledge of COMAH (Control of Major Accident Hazards Regulations).
Please apply to Alan Steer
RHL Recruitment acts as an employment agency and employment business
£41k - £43k Annual
£28k - £32k Annual
£35k - £40k Annual
£25k - £30k Annual