Civil Engineering Technician / Technical Advisor
Posted on Jul 4, 2019 by CV-Library
WPR are proud to be working with our client who has had an established partnering arrangement with Northern Ireland Water (NIW) for over 10 years for the provision of project management and design services covering a wide range of water/wastewater network projects. Due to an increase in workload, they require a Civil Engineering Technician / Technical Advisor to join their team based in Portadown. This is a contract role for a period of 6 months, however, this may be extended for the right person.
Some of your key duties will include but not be limited to:
* Assessment of developers submitted drainage layout including sustainable drainage systems for future adoption by NIW.
* Inspection and assessment of developer constructed sewers for adoption.
* Design of on-site water mains to be laid within development sites.
* Direct liaison with NIW contractors to facilitate connection to the sewer network and repairs to development sewers.
* Direct liaison with NIW operational staff to facilitate laying of water mains within housing development.
* Site visits throughout Northern Ireland to facilitate inspections of sewers.
* Keep accurate records.
(A full job description can be provided upon request)
To be considered for this role you must have:
* A minimum of an HNC in Civil Engineering or a Water Industry Certificate and a minimum of 2 years’ experience in the design of sewerage systems to include (hydraulic assessment of sewers and knowledge of relevant standards).
* A minimum of 4 years’ experience in the design of sewerage systems to include (hydraulic assessment of sewers and knowledge of relevant standards)
* Proficient in the use of MS Office applications including Word, Excel and Access.
* A current valid driving license or access to a form of transport which will enable you to fulfil the responsibilities of the post.
* Knowledge in the use of Microdrainage software to facilitate drainage design.
* Knowledge in the use of geographical information system.
You will also have excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal and a proven ability in stakeholder management and customer care.
If you feel this Technical Advisor /Civil Technician role is something you may be interested in and you would like to be considered, please apply via the button shown and we will contact you upon receipt of your application to discuss your suitability and the role specifics in more detail.
To speak with one of our Civil Engineering Consultants and find out more about the role please call Anne MacEntee or Michael Knox on Belfast (phone number removed).
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client