FINANCIAL CONTROLLER - 3 YEAR DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
Posted on Jul 4, 2019 by CV-Library
Reliance Medical is the UK’s leading trade distributor of highest quality surgical dressings, healthcare products, medical equipment and first aid supplies. Reliance Medical is an exciting and rapidly growing medium sized company based in Talke, Stoke-on-Trent. We’re part of a group that includes our wholly owned manufacturing subsidiary, based in Shanghai, China.
We are currently recruiting for a management accountant on our 3-year Finance programme to be fast-tracked to manager level and become our Group Financial Controller. Over the 3-year programme, you’ll develop within and manage a finance team and report directly to the Group CFO. You will oversee financial reporting for Reliance Medical and have a group level responsibility to subsidiaries, wider group companies and some smaller connected entities.
We’ll fully fund a professionally delivered CIMA qualification during your 3 years and you’ll also receive extensive 1-to-1 coaching from our ACA qualified group CFO.
This role is ideally targeted at a candidate who has some industry experience or is part CIMA (or equivalent) qualified so that existing skills and knowledge can be rapidly enhanced. However, we are also accepting applications from graduates with no industry experience and candidates who are already fully CIMA (or equivalent) qualified.
Key Responsibilities and duties
* Responsibility for all financial processes in the Reliance Medical Group and direct reporting to the Group CFO
* CFO support for corporate acquisitions
* Preparation of monthly management accounts and 3-year forecasts
* Balance sheet control and reconciliations
* Preparation of weekly revenue/KPI reports and P&L review
* Assisting with annual audit
* Preparation of VAT returns
* Ensuring efficient and effective procedures in place for management of finances
* Manage and monitor company expenses with cloud-based software
Essential skills and experience
* Strong leadership capabilities
* Individual with strong numerical aptitude
* 2:1 Degree (or higher) and/or relevant employment history with desire to develop skills and knowledge in gaining CIMA or AAT qualification. Candidates with no/partial/full CIMA (or equivalent) qualifications are all welcome to apply, however the ideal candidate is one who is part qualified or has practical experience.
* Organised approach to work in relation to prioritisation of tasks
* Excellent communication skills
* Eager to learn and obtain CFO 1-to-1 coaching
Preferred skills and experience
* Degree in Mathematics/Accounting/Finance/Economics or another related subject
* Some experience in using any accounting software
* Knowledge in UK GAAP
* Strong technical accounting knowledge
Full-time permanent position
HOURS OF WORK
9am to 5pm Monday to Friday (37 hours)
1. Circa £25,000 to £35,000 for part qualified candidates
2. Circa £21,000 to £27,000 for non-qualified candidates
3. Circa £40,000 to £45,000 for fully qualified candidates
Any salary offered to you as part of your package will depend on your industry experience and/or current CIMA (or equivalent) status.
20 days per annum plus Bank Holidays.
Fully qualified candidates will be entitled to 25 days plus Bank Holidays. Alternatively, upon completion of your CIMA (or equivalent) qualification you will be entitled to 25 days plus Bank Holidays.
Professionally delivered and fully funded CIMA qualification including moderate study time off work close to exams.
If you would think you fit with the above exciting opportunity and would like to take your Finance career to the next level then we want to hear from you.
Please send your CV with a completed application form and signed privacy notice, which can both be found on our website
£60k - £70k Annual
£30 - £35 Hourly
£35k - £50k Annual