Technical Sales Engineer / Technical Support Specialist (Manuf)
Posted on Jul 4, 2019 by CV-Library
Applicants will ideally have some recent experience as a Technical Sales / Support Engineer in the Manufacturing / Engineering sector, be organised, excellent communication skills (verbal and written). Applications also welcomed from Trainee / Junior Technical Sales Engineers, newly qualified apprentices or recent graduates with relevant mechanical engineering discipline (i.e. CNC / Machining / Toolmaking / Precision etc.).
Salary and Benefits:
* £20,000 – £26,000 (dependent on experience and qualifications).
* 5 hours week (Mon – Fri, 8am to 4pm, flexible work pattern)
* 5x Midweek overtime & Sat Hrs, 2x Sun Hrs
* 25 days holiday plus bank hols.
* Pension scheme and death in service benefit
* Private medical insurance
The successful Technical Sales Engineer day to day duties will include:
* Offering technical sales support to customers either via email, telephone or face to face, providing excellent customer service to a worldwide customer base
* Develop a complex understanding of the manufacturing processes to enable you to provide customers with cost estimated quotations
* Dealing with sub-contractors and purchasing
* Working with the Management and Production Team to ensure project deadlines are met
* Become fully competent using Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system
* Developing excellent working relationships with suppliers and key customers worldwide
* Deal with any customer complaints and issues
* Provide order status and updates to customers on a regular basis
* Process customer purchase orders on the ERP system
* Allocate and order material from supplier and issue jobs onto the shop floor
* Seek progression on outstanding or overdue payments from customers
The ideal Technical Sales Engineer will have the following experience / characteristics:
* Some technical sales experience or newly qualified apprentices or recent graduates with relevant mechanical engineering discipline (i.e. CNC / Machining / Toolmaking / Precision etc.).
* Relevant qualifications in engineering discipline.
* Able to read engineering drawings
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) to communicate effectively with customers and colleagues.
* Organised, methodical and attentive to detail.
* Sociable / outgoing, self-motivated, able to overcome objections, resilient and ability to influence.
* Be able to work with the minimum of supervision.
* Excellent computer skills in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, CRM / ERP software.
* Full UK driving licence.
Key words: Technical Sales Engineer, Engineering, Time Served, Apprenticeship, Graduate, Machine Shop, CNC, Developing Business, Technical Specialist, ERP, CRM, Tamworth, Birmingham, West Midlands. Precision, Manufacturing, Automotive, Aerospace, Tamworth, Sutton Coldfield, Birmingham, Burton-on-Trent, Coventry, Staffordshire, West Midlands
The successful Technical Sales Engineer will need to be flexible as there may be other duties not mentioned in this job description. With relevant Manufacturing / Engineering experience, you will have a standard-level education, have the relevant qualifications or experience, be punctual, conscientious, keen and have a practical approach to work.
If you are interested in this role and have the required experience please click on the apply now button