HR People Manager
Posted on Jul 4, 2019 by CV-Library
The People Manager will deliver a full range of services in line with the people strategy including employee relations, engagement, workforce planning, recruitment, pay and reward, performance management, inclusion and diversity, L&D, health and wellbeing. The ideal candidate will have a naturally positive and confident approach with the ability to use their previous generalist experience to help lead and develop the broader People strategy.
The successful candidate will join an industry leading provider of consultancy services to both the SMB and Enterprise markets across all industries. The company is striving to be different – by being 100% customer focused as a business and listening to their needs, they provide a friendly, premium, trusted service. Key to this are the great people they employ – people who are ambitious, aligned to their vision and values and above all, believe in the work they do, the value they create for clients and the positive impact the IT solutions have on people’s working lives.
* Be the primary point of contact for managers and team members providing high quality guidance and solutions, coaching and support on people policy and procedures
* Administer payroll and payroll records and manage all benefits administration
* Manage the end to end recruitment process, supporting hiring managers with interview scheduling, writing job descriptions, preparing interview questions, carrying out interviews acting as the challenge to important hiring decisions.
* Manage complex employee relations cases including dispute resolutions, disciplinaries, grievances, absence, retirement and redundancy.
* Work with line managers to determine training needs and source training solutions where required
* Work with appropriate parties on reward strategy
* Provide support for hiring managers to ensure new hires are onboarded well and supported through to successful probation and beyond.
* Continuously monitor and review People policies and processes and implement changes where necessary.
* Participate in the implementation of specific projects, procedures and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the organisation.
* Support change management processes.
Key Skills & Experiences
* 3-5 years proven People generalist experience
* Solid knowledge of employment legislation and its application
* Exceptional organisational skills, a starter – finisher who can see things through to successful conclusion whatever it takes
* 2:1 degree & ideally CIPD qualified
* Strong customer service, reliable, great problem-solving skills and a “how can we” attitude
* Self-motivated and able to work under own autonomy or as part of a team
* Naturally curious, an avid learner
* Good communication skills, able to influence, persuade and effectively challenge
* Tenaciously results orientated with a positive outlook and a clear focus on high quality and business goals
* Mature, credible and comfortable when dealing with all types of people and situations
* Able to really listen to what is being said and empathise
* Keen to embrace new experiences, responsibility and accountability
* And ultimately someone who truly cares.
Whilst we expect and maintain high standards in everything we do, on a day to day basis you will work with talented, fun people. In addition to an outstanding benefits package including private healthcare, pension, life assurance and connectivity allowance a thriving social committee ensures the whole team get to relax, give back to the community, celebrate and generally have fun together on a regular basis. Apply now