DC Processing Senior Administrator
Posted on Jul 4, 2019 by CV-Library
The role would involve working in a small team within DC Processing who will be responsible for providing a central support function to deliver efficiency projects within the team and to assist with the management of key risk areas on DC investment related projects such as Business Requirement Document (BRD) preparation and member level testing.
This role will involve documenting requirements, executing testing and implementing changes, working to tight deadlines and ensuring that all deadlines are adhered to.
In addition you will be responsible for checking work of others in the team and providing training where needed.
* Work with the Admin Manager to take forwards process improvement changes that will reduce risk and enable more efficient work practices within the team
* Prepare draft BRDs for any investment related project and assist with any follow up queries so that sign off can be achieved within the required deadlines.
* Work with the Admin teams to provide a support function to produce test packs ahead of all DC investment projects ensuring that the test coverage is sufficient to cover all members impacted by the change.
* Manage your career development.
* Agree quality and performance objectives with the Admin Manager. Maintain a monthly rolling schedule of objectives.
* Update Manager on a regular basis, or as necessary, of all current work issues and review, on a monthly basis, all aspects of their role.
* Maintain excellent time management skills.
Technical Knowledge, Processes and Procedures:
* Build and maintain domain knowledge through experience.
* Be a point of reference on technical matters and non-standard cases.
* Ensure that the team understand and work within the agreed SLAs.
* Ensure that any system changes are adequately tested before being signed off.
* Maintain a good working knowledge of all systems and products.
* Ensure all files for the client projects are complete, accurate and standard.
* Provide constructive feedback to the Admin managers on your own and the teams work
* Manage career development locally, to include coaching, mentoring, leading and monitoring.
* Provide training on any aspects of the teams responsibilities as and when required
* Encourage teamwork by sharing knowledge, ideas and solutions.
* Ensure an efficient, professional service is provided to meet all client/members' needs and to promote the Willis Towers Watson brand.
* In conjunction with the other Admin Manager provide support in the collation of operational efficiency changes within the team and actively participate in any requirement gathering, testing and implementation of any agreed change projects.
* Ensure that any change projects within the team are clearly communicated to team members which may include training and go live assistance
* In conjunction with the Admin Manager provide support to the Client Management team on the accurate and timely production of the BRDs which includes:
* The preparation of the draft Business Requirements Document (BRD) ensuring that that standard template is used and all sections of the BRD are considered fully
* To gather feedback and make updates to the BRD from the internal TAS team review
* To ensure that all key risk areas in terms of the asset transition have been considered from an Administration point and are clearly documented so as to minimise any impact to WTW
* To ensure that the timeline allow for sufficient time for work to be carried out to a high quality but also recognising the need to balance this against member experience and key investment dates
* To ensure that the BRD is prepared with sufficient time for both internal & external review, allowing for changes to be made but still achieve the target sign off dates prior to implementation
* In conjunction with the Administration teams provide support on member testing of DC investment related projects which will include -
* The production of a member test pack prior to the commencement of the investment change project ensuring that all member scheme, category, age profiles, member statuses etc are considered within the test coverage
* To ensure that the test pack complies with the guidelines as set out by the PE team
* To execute the member level checks and then reviewing these with the Admin Team Manager in order to achieve sign off at all key stages of the investment change project (this includes checks from test and live on fund choice updates via SIF and switch build checks)
* To ensure that the testing is carried out within the agreed timescales
* To ensure that the testing is clearly documented for future audit review
* Identify and work with the Admin Manager to improve operational efficiency and reduce costs, eg automation, full use of standard products.
* Work with the team to ensure time and activity is recorded correctly with appropriate comments to support any out of scope work.
* Ensure all work is identified and charged, in particular, requests and projects outside agreed fee basis.
* Experience of data processing (ideally pension related)
* Data testing experience (Pension related testing experience would be good)
* Basic understanding of DC pension investments
* Basic understanding of asset transitions (not an in-depth asset transition knowledge as this would be too much for this role)
* Good user of Excel
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas – the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at (url removed).
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer
Willis Towers Watson believes that effectively managing a diverse workforce is vital to our business strategy. We have an obligation to our organization, ourselves and our clients to hire and develop the best people we can find. We will continually review our policies and practices to ensure that all areas of the employment process (including recruiting, hiring, work assignments, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, company-sponsored development programs and overall workplace experience) are free from discriminatory practices. We are committed to equal employment opportunities at Willis Towers Watson.
Unsolicited Contact: Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson. Willis Towers Watson is an equal
£30k - £35k Annual
£26k - £30k Annual
£21.1k - £24.2k Annual
£26k - £30k Annual