ELECTRICAL & MECHANICAL ESTIMATOR
Posted on Jul 4, 2019 by CV-Library
Our client is currently undertakes a variety of Electrical and Mechanical professional services to regional and local clients and have seen an opportunity to create an estimating department easing pressure on their project managers.
This will create an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical and Electrical Estimator to join and add to their successful team already in place. Currently they have 3 project managers overseeing a range of major projects and small domestic ventures, the successor of this role will assist all PM’s on a day to day basis.
This is an office-based role, but travel to site is occasionally necessary for site surveys client meetings and application take offs’ in the absence of the PM,s
As the Electrical & Mechanical Estimator you will work as there estimating lead within an established team in preparing electrical estimates and quotations of values up to £2M, so previous experience is essential.
The Estimator will have the following duties & responsibilities:
* Ensure tenders are prepared to a high standard, ensuring all the requested information from the client is successfully documented
* Obtain competitive and accurate quotations from mechanical and electrical specialists
* Liaising with other members of the estimating team and Project Managers to link cost to programme requirements
* Carry out estimates using electronic packages to be advised on your experience.
* Develop working relationships with design consultants, main contractors and clients.
Successful applicants will have the following qualifications & experience:
* Experience within a similar position or role.
* Electrical qualifications
* Preferably mechanical qualifications
* Confident communicator
* Proficient in material take off
* An understanding of contract control regarding material take off.
* A good Knowledge of Estimation software
* Liaising with sub-contract supply chain to ascertain and achieve compliancy
* Experience in achieving the best cost solution with our suppliers
* Self-motivated able to work on own initiative
* Proficient with Microsoft office software.
This position offers the ideal opportunity for the right candidate within a well-established Company. Their vision is to create an Estimating department which will grow with the business assisting their managers to deliver their projects