Senior / Staff Engineer - Lift Installation (High Rise / High Speed ex
Posted on Jul 3, 2019 by CV-Library
Basic Salary Up to £48,000 + Bonus + Overtime + Benefits
Great brands have a great story. Ours is legendary.
In 1854, Elisha Otis travelled to the New York World's Fair to promote his new invention. Standing high above the crowd on a platform elevator, he ordered the retaining rope cut. The crowd cried out. His safety brake held. And in that moment, one man changed the world's perspective on what's possible, sending it rising up.
Would you like to join a truly international, talent driven company with values that focus on Performance, Quality, Innovation and Employee Opportunity?
What are we looking for?
Otis is currently recruiting for qualified and experienced Senior / Staff Lift Installation Engineer to work on some of one of our most prestigious and specialist sites in London. For this role, we specifically require candidates to have experience on the installation of High Rise (35 Story+) and High Speed (4m/s+) equipment - however specific product training will be provided. This will be working on one fixed site (in Vauxhall) on the installation of 34 lifts over 59 floors – so a large scale and ongoing project.
The main goal of a qualified lift installation engineer is to:
- Carry out New Lift Installations of High Speed / High Rise equipment – including Gearless, Self Climbing and Jump Lifts
- You will be required to fully control your own jobs including involvement at various stages of the planning of lift installations.
- You will work efficiently and in a safe manner in accordance with all Health and Safety guidelines.
- You will be supported by and report into a team of established team of Field and Project Managers and will also have direct customer communications whilst on site – aiming to build an excellent working relationship and reputation in keeping with the Otis brand.
Qualifications and essential / required experience:
- You will be qualified to at least NVQ Level 3, J-Module or equivalent. As a qualified lift engineer, it is essential that you have all-round knowledge of lift equipment and that you can demonstrate that you can apply lift engineering principles to Installation.
- You will also have experience on working on High Rise and High Speed equipment (unfortunately we can’t consider anyone for this role that has not worked on 35+ floor installations or with equipment faster than 4m/s)
What can we offer you?
- As a Senior / Staff Engineer, you will receive a high Basic Salary + Bonus + Overtime + Benefits
- A real commitment to career progression, training and working on some of the latest technology and with access to funded study schemes such as our industry leading Employee Scholarship Program and Educational Assistance Scheme
- A culture which encourages innovative ideas and appreciates our talent is the key to our success
More about us:
Otis Elevator Company is the world’s largest manufacturer and maintainer of people-moving products, including elevators, escalators and moving walkways. Otis is a wholly owned subsidiary of United Technologies Corporation. Headquartered in Farmington, Connecticut, USA, Otis employs more than 60,000 people, offers products and services in more than 200 countries and territories and maintains more than 1.35 million lifts and escalators worldwide.
We are a company with a big commitment to the continuing development of everyone who works for us, strongly supporting career progression and facilitating a culture which encourages innovative ideas and appreciate that our talent is the key to our success.
We welcome applications from talented and experienced lift installation specialists with experience in High Rise / High Speed Installations and a desire to work on some of the most cutting edge technology and equipment. You will need to live within a commutable distance of London and will be based at one site in Vauxhall
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion helps ensure the ideas, perspectives and experiences of individual employees support a culture of learning and attract world-class talent. We welcome applications from all sections of the community and candidates will be equally assessed and selected based on objective criteria
£30k - £35k Annual
£30k - £35k Annual
£25k - £25k Annual