Technical Support Engineer
Posted on Jul 3, 2019 by CV-Library
A fantastic opportunity has opened for a Technical Support Engineer at TNA Europe, Birmingham. If you believe you're the best candidate for this role, you will be responsible for carrying out product trials, installations, commissioning, maintenance and ongoing service and support to clients of tna manufactured equipment. You must be open to challenge, ambiguity and have a real knack and motivation for seeking solutions either alone, or whilst collaborating with a multi-disciplinary team of highly skilled engineers. Up to 80% of this role involves local and overseas travel which can be at short notice...so you need to be ready to pack your passport and a toothbrush.
We are currently celebrating 35 years of innovation and unprecedented growth, working with some of the most prestigious names in the food industry to supply integrated food processing and packaging solutions that deliver long term benefits to our customers. Employing over 500 people in 30 locations around the world, our forward-thinking technology is taking us on a journey to provide the ultimate in food packaging solutions, everywhere.
With a Head office in Sydney, Australia. We run our European operations out of Birmingham in the UK.
We pride ourselves on our people and if you are motivated, passionate and want to join us on our journey, we want to hear from you.
5 minutes from J3 on the M5
As an experienced Technical Support Engineer, you will be a key team member, working closely with our customers to ensure we provide the ultimate in food packaging and processing solutions.
* Manage product trials and complete installation & machine commissioning in accordance with the client’s specifications and layout documentation.
* Provide routine maintenance and planned servicing of tna equipment in accordance with service contracts and schedules.
* Provide training to customers (and co-workers) in relation to proper operation, preventative maintenance, and fault finding of tna equipment
* Provide first, second and third level support, in relation to breakdowns and/or customer queries, responding by either telephone or site visits.
* Provide input and feedback to the Product Development Team, relating to product modifications, faults and development potential.
* Support and collaborate with the Project Managers on all product trials and pre-installation works, ensuring layouts are correct and all documentation has been received.
* Represent tna at trade fairs, exhibitions & networking events.
What we can offer you?
In return for your passion and commitment, we offer you an exciting and varied role within a great working environment, where you will be recognised for your achievements and contribution to our success. The coverage of this role is global, so while you are based in our Birmingham office, you will be travelling all over the world when required.
Key essential skill set and qualifications
* Qualifications in mechatronics, mechanical or electrical engineering, industrial electrical trade or other relevant field.
* Experience in a field engineering role, dealing with mechanical, electrical and software issues.
* ONC, HNC in Mechanical &/or Electronic Engineering.
* Exposure to the FMCG manufacturing industry (specifically food and packaging) is advantageous.
* 23 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
* Life cover
* Company contributory pension
* Choice of additional health insurance cover
* Company clothing provided
* Office social calendar events with focus on mental health and physical wellbeing; monthly BBQs and global company competitions
If you are successful we will contact you to conduct a telephone interview which is the first stage of our recruitment process