Posted on Jul 3, 2019 by CV-Library
The Category Buyer is responsible for developing and delivering effective Category Management Strategies which supports current and future needs to clients globally. Ensuring the highest quality products and services are purchased at the best price.
Key responsibilities for the Category Buyer:
* Part of an integrated Supply Chain team, working together to achieve target Cost, Quality and Delivery performance.
* Prepare bid documents, manage RFQ process and analyse bed results.
* Actively promote supplier development and continuous improvement initiatives which support ongoing supply chain performance.
* Responsible for reviewing spend and vendor performance across category ensuring that appropriate contracts are in place as outlined in the company Procurement Policy.
* To obtain up-to-date management information by the vendor to analyse spends; identify trends and potential savings opportunities.
Key Requirements of the Category Buyer:
* Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate verbally and in writing at all levels internally and externally.
* Focused, with the ability to work to tight deadlines with minimal supervision.
* Experience within Aerospace or other High Technology industry would be an asset.
* Skilled negotiator preferably with formal GAP or Scot Works Training.
* Highly competent with Microsoft, PowerPoint, and Word.
* Capable of driving issue resolution through to completion.
* Excellent problem-solving skills.
Click 'Apply' and our consultant Daniel will contact you.
£35k - £40k Annual
£0 - £1 Annual
£30k - £35k Annual
£25k - £35k Annual
£40k - £50k Annual