Posted on Jul 3, 2019 by CV-Library
- The Manchester Billing team is responsible for ensuring that client invoices are generated correctly and in a
- It provides a support service to the partners and case handlers in all aspects of billing.
- The role will include the production of billing guides, the preparation of draft bills, followed by the finalisation of
bills for allocated practise areas. The candidate must have experience of VAT regulations in relation to billing.
Some production of narratives will be necessary
- Take instructions to raise billing guides, write-off time and disbursements and to close files and ensure
instructions are carried out.
- Provide assistance to partners on matter management issues generally.
- Closing files, processing write-offs and raising billing guides in Elite.
- Using Elite to make general matter, invoice or credit note inquiries
- Allocating VAT as applicable
- Provide accurate advice on billing queries, procedures, vat issues
- Ensure bills are sent out and filed promptly
- Raising billing guides, draft bills and finalising bills on Elite
- Submission of electronic invoices to 3rd party billing portals
- Raising Apportioned Billing schedules and ad hoc billing schedules in Excel
- Ensuring that the agreed service levels are met
- Undertake ad hoc responsibilities as required by line manager
- Worked in a legal accounting environment
- At least 2 years legal billing experience
- Elite experience, specifically Elite Enterprise and 3e is preferred
- Electronic Billing Experience would be advantageous but training will be given
- Experience of Whitehill billing system
- Experience and understanding of apportionment (multi-party), net recovery and joint billing
- An understanding of foreign currency issues
- Electronic Billing Experience, such as Serengeti Tracker, Tymetrix or Advocator
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience in liaising with Partners
- Understanding of VAT regulations in relation to Solicitor Client Billing
- Strong numeracy skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy.
- A team player
- Possess excellent inter-personal skills, with the ability to deal with all levels of staff, particularly partners
- Possess good written communication skills
- Must be flexible at busy times
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age
£18k - £18k Annual
£18k - £18k Annual
£25k - £25k Annual
£35k - £40k Annual
£30k - £40k Annual
£31.4k - £35.9k Annual