Senior Civil Engineer
Posted on Jul 3, 2019 by CV-Library
This consultancy is an international, award winning, interdisciplinary design studio that offers an excellent opportunity for your personal and career development. We also offer an attractive remuneration package that includes a competitive salary, flexible pension allowance, private medical insurance, and contribution towards professional subscriptions. We have a Social Life committee which organises a wide range of social, sporting and charitable activities and a communication committee for improvement and development ideas. Our studio location by the waterside at Piccadilly Basin is near the vibrant Northern Quarter and close to rail/tram links.
Experienced Chartered Civil Engineer or Incorporated Engineer to work in our civil engineering team in Manchester. The role will include the management and delivery of high quality infrastructure designs (roads and drainage) associated with building projects and support to the management team with work winning and business development.
The Manchester civil engineering team work collaboratively on challenging, high profile projects with both internal and external architects, engineers and designers across The North. Our projects include the provision of civil engineering designs associated with building developments and public realm projects, from the early masterplanning stage through to delivery of solutions on site, highway infrastructure projects and civil engineering masterplanning including flood risk.
This role represents a key position within the civil engineering team, with the successful candidate assisting in the development and growth of the team including input into the strategies and approach of the civil engineering teams across the UK.
The role will include, but not be limited to, the following responsibilities:
* Design of projects from the concept stage through to the construction stage
* Management and development of team members
* Development of client relationships
* Assisting directors in seeking out and securing new opportunities
* Resourcing and financial monitoring and reporting
* Developing good relationships with professions across the company.
Your knowledge, experience and education
You will have proven experience in a similar design consultancy, and preferably, experience of working on site as a site/resident engineer.
You will have a minimum of 5 years relevant post qualification (MICE) experience and good knowledge and experience of the following areas of civil engineering design:
* Drainage schemes associated with buildings, highways, public realm and landscape projects
* Highway and pavement design associated with building projects
* Undertaking of designs for section 38, 278 and 104 agreements
* Ground modelling
* Assessment of flood risk
You will have a good knowledge of civil engineering construction principles and standards
You will have strong practical knowledge of Civils 3D, PDS, AutoCAD and WINDES and be confident in your knowledge of relevant design standards and legislation
Your personal skills
* Highly motivated and passionate about delivering projects to time, budget and quality
* Organised and methodical with particular attention to detail
* The ability to prioritise tasks and work to tight deadlines under pressure
* Have a pragmatic approach and possess strong problem solving techniques
* Be commercially aware
* Strong interpersonal skills, able to build relationships at all levels with clients and employees alike and across all professional disciplines
* Able to manage client expectations
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, with an ability to communicate with tact and diplomacy
Calibre Search promote equality in the workplace and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified candidates regardless of their sex, race, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age. We act as both an employment agency and employment business
£48k - £70k Annual
£48k - £70k Annual