Financial Lines Trading Underwriter
Posted on Jul 3, 2019 by CV-Library
As a Financial Lines Underwriter with Aviva, you’ll provide a first-class service to our customers/brokers. You’ll drive fresh business and professional relationships, directly contributing to the underwriting profit and loss, trading and service delivery goals. Acting as an ambassador for Aviva in the industry you’ll promote and grow business at industry and external professional level.
The regional Financial Lines team are responsible for underwriting and client servicing of a Mid to Corporate size cases whilst supporting the SME proposition through referral, mentoring and scheme development. The teams currently operate as one virtual team covering multiple trading locations across the UK and business is predominantly transacted via Insurance Brokers.
The role's duties & responsibilities:
* Providing quotations for renewals, new business and alterations whilst operating within agreed guidelines and authority levels
* Building positive relationships with internal and external customers and brokers to deliver the underwriting strategy
* Actively growing your level of technical knowledge through achievement of Personal Development Plans
* Contributing to improving the efficiency within the team through Systems Thinking methodology and by utilising our digital trading platforms wherever possible
* Acting as a technical referral point and be a role model, coaching and mentoring less experienced members of the team to drive continued capability improvement in our business
* Supporting the Manager in delivering the team financial performance by demonstrating an understanding of portfolio profitability and uses this understanding to successfully trade where appropriate
What skills & experiences are required?
* Will have good technical and underwriting expertise, with significant commercial experience in one or more of the following: Management Liability, Crime, Professional Indemnity
* Experience of applying underwriting knowledge to effectively improve processes/procedures
* Experience of being responsible for own underwriting caseload within a regulatory environment, following due process and within set authority limits
* Ability to analyse complex information and draw out the relevant facts
* Strong attention to detail
* Excellent business development/customer engagement skills in order to influence key contacts in the marketplace
* Have excellent communication and strong negotiation skills both written and verbally
* Be working towards or willing to obtain CII qualifications
What will you get for this role?
* A competitive salary depending on skills, experience and qualifications
* Generous defined contribution pension scheme
* Annual performance related bonus and pay review
* Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
* Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
* Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
We care about the well-being of our employees!
How you feel at home, work and all aspects of your life are important to us. Our programme – ‘Be Healthy’, ‘Be Mindful’, ‘Be Secure’ and ‘Be Awesome’ supports your physical, mental, financial and social well-being.
Here are just a few highlights:
* You’ll be able to download Aviva Digital GP - a 24/7 personal GP service that enables you to get a video consultation with a GP and pharmacy service at the touch of a button
* We offer all UK employees subscriptions to Headspace for FREE!
* We have subsidised 70% off the normal gym membership prices, meaning for a reduced monthly fee you will have access to a wide range of fitness venues
Additional Information and Equal Opportunity
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we love to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
Our diversity and inclusion policies and initiatives are crafting an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of age, disability, race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or those with other caring responsibilities. Our approach helps to ensure that Aviva is a place which values difference and provides equal opportunities for all.
As a disability confident employer, we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability (as defined in The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website and then email the contact listed in the advert to notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Daniel Hopchet in the Resourcing team on (phone number removed) or (url removed)