Posted on Jul 3, 2019 by CV-Library
Salary: Negotiable, DOE
Contract: Permanent, FT 37.5hrs
SFM is an innovative Coventry-based B2B supplier of gelling fibres & fabrics for the advanced wound care industry. We offer a range of wound care technologies and all our products are manufactured in ISO certified clean rooms in line with the highest standards of care.
SFM's aim is to successfully deliver innovative, cost effective and quality products and solutions into the advanced wound care industry with an ultimate aim of improving patient care and wellbeing.
Currently an exciting opportunity has arisen for a motivated and dynamic Accounts Assistant to join and support Finance team.
About the Role:
The role is responsible for implementing and overseeing systems for processing financial transactions, processing those transactions which remain manual, operating appropriate controls and making recommendations for improvements in processing and controls. This role also contributes to the financial reporting and financial planning for SFM.
Accounts Assistant - duties to include:
* Responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate processing of all day to day transactions within the Sales ledger as well as operating all required controls in this area.
* Facilitating on time collection of debt from customers.
* Responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate processing of all day to day transactions within the Purchase ledger as well as operating all required controls in this area.
* Ensuring on time payment of suppliers.
* Responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate processing of all day to day transactions relating to fixed assets, cash, company cash card, expenses and journals as well as operating all required controls in these areas.
* Increasing automation within finance and business processes using latest technology available.
* Use, review, maintain and update appropriate documentation of process flow and specific procedures including control mechanisms that operate.
* Recommend improvements to procedures, controls, process flows and mandates to the Senior Finance Manager or Finance Director for their authorisation and deliver the improvement, updating those procedures and process flows where necessary.
Accounts Assistant - Key skills / abilities:
* Relevant Financial Qualification e.g. part way through AAT is essential.
* Familiarity with double entry accounting is essential.
* Prior experience of a variety of elements of Sage line 50 is essential.
* Being able to successfully identify and deliver process improvements, efficiencies or cost savings is essential.
* Basic level of IT skills including Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point is essential.
* Good communication skills, with the ability to translate financial requirements to staff are essential.
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team is essential.
* Good organisation skills and being adept at leaving a good audit trail is essential.
* Proactive attitude to time management and prioritisation and ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure is essential.
* Familiarity with accounting techniques employed in a multiproduct environment is beneficial.
* Experience of working within a Quality / Compliance environment is beneficial.
* Ability to get on with and influence people internally to achieve objectives is beneficial.
* Competitive salary
* Contributory pension scheme
* Life cover
* Incapacity benefits
* Cash Back Medical Scheme
If you have the skills and experience we require for this role and are looking for a new challenge please email your CV to us with a relevant cover letter, explaining why you are a good fit for this role
Due to the number of applications we receive, we will only contact those candidates that we want to take forward to interview; if you do not hear from us within 4 weeks, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
For Privacy Notice for Job Applicants please visit our website.
No agencies please
£12 - £13 Hourly
£19k - £25k Annual
£20k - £25k Annual
£23k - £23k Annual
£9.5 - £10.5 Hourly
£20k - £30k Annual
£18k - £18k Annual
£18k - £22k Annual
£25k - £30k Annual