Posted on Jul 3, 2019 by CV-Library
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Job Status: Permanent
Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week
Pay: Starting salary £18,500 – plenty of room for progression
To record and reconcile bank accounts to source records and practice management systems for the companies within the group. This is a development role and subject to change as the needs of the business demand.
• To download bank transactions daily for the bank accounts allocated.
• To process accurately a high volume of transactions daily for the bank accounts allocated.
• To ensure receipts and payments are coded and posted to the correct ledgers, nominal ledger codes, cost centres and departments where applicable.
• To post all sales receipts to the correct client within the practice management systems where appropriate.
• To undertake weekly and monthly bank reconciliations to timetable.
• To support the business towards the achievement of the Group’s strategy, goals and objectives.
• To undertake continual professional development (CPD) as necessary.
• Under Health & Safety at Work Act, whilst at work, you must take reasonable care for your own health and safety and that of any other who may be affected by your acts or omissions.
• Any other duties and responsibilities appropriate to your role.
• Experience of using Sage 50 or Sage 200
• Excellent communication/interpersonal skills
• High level skills of using Microsoft Office packages and accounting packages
• Excellent organisation skills and ability to multi-task
• Highly numerate
• Professional and approachable
• Tactful and diplomatic
• Ability to work on own initiative and under pressure
• Team player with a can-do attitude
• Flexibility in approaching work situations
• Able to work confidentially
This is an exciting opportunity to join a progressive York-based company which is continuously growing and developing leaving plenty of room for progression through out the company. Ideally this role would suit someone who is a quick thinker and can manage multiple tasks and able to prioritise duties.
If interested please apply below.
Alternatively, please contact Abigail Elstub directly on (phone number removed) for more details.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age
£20k - £20k Annual
£18k - £18k Annual
£10 - £11 Hourly
£20k - £30k Annual
£23k - £25k Annual
£10 - £10 Annual
£12 - £12 Hourly
£18k - £21k Annual
£25k - £30k Annual