Posted on Jul 3, 2019 by CV-Library
You will be required to support the purchasing and planning function, identify commercial opportunities and undertake negotiations with a view to deliver enhanced delivery benefits.
Responsibilities of the Material Planner will include;
* Place and expedite purchase orders.
* Update the ERP system in line with latest supplier commitments.
* Support resourcing activities as required.
* Develop relationships with key suppliers to ensure timely and effective service.
* Communicate queries and provide delivery, quality & cost feedback to suppliers and internal stakeholders.
* Assist with the implementation of supplier corrective action plans to achieve improved performance and efficiencies through the supply and demand plan.
* Negotiate purchase prices and lead times.
* Support planning requirements.
* Create and develop strong relationships with key stakeholders, suppliers and colleagues.
The successful Material Planner will have the following experience and skills:
* Previous background in material planning, ideally within an engineering or manufacturing environment.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office - Excel/Word/PowerPoint.
* Proficient use of SAP - preferably Fiori.
* Good knowledge of MRP.
* Strong team player.
* Effective communicator.
* Ability to use own initiative.
In return you will receive a salary of £10.40 - £13 per hour