Senior Technical Officer
Posted on Jul 3, 2019 by CV-Library
Within the role, the ideal candidate must have the following attributes:
* Knowledge and experience of technical support activities and techniques.
* Knowledge and experience of permanent way maintenance and construction management process, systems and standards.
* Knowledge and experience of design requirements, processes and techniques.
* Hold and retain the competencies relevant to this post and required by business need.
* Ideally, hold or be working towards and NVQ level 3 or 4 (or equivalent) in an engineering/leadership subject.
As well as the above we would be looking for the following skills:
* Able to demonstrate, promote and embed safe working behaviours within the team.
* Able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
* Able to coach, influence and develop others.
* Able and willing to drive vehicles as required by business need.
* Carry out work safely and in accordance with the safe systems of work procedures, method statements, plans and other instructions.
This role will require you to:
* Manage and check the quality of work delivered and confirm assets are compliant to standards.
* Manage the preparation of work and resource specifications, method statements and plans.
* Manage information to update systems, databases and records.
* Adhere to company policies and procedures.
* Undertake and supervise technical tasks, survey and design work.
* Design, install, test and commission equipment.
* Provide technical support and guidance.
* Manage and supervise the delivery and output of On Track Machine operations.
* Undertake technical inspections, tests, investigations and analysis of technical data.
* Update and provide information to accurately update systems, databases and records as required.
* Prioritise work arising and agree work plans for the group.
* Prepare specifications and requisition for materials.
* Manage processes and systems for the calibration and certification of tools and equipment.
* Contribute to your own development and that of others.
Please feel free to contact me on (phone number removed) (url removed)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status