Assistant Ecologist – Ipswich
Posted on Jul 3, 2019 by CV-Library
My client is a leading, driven multi-disciplinary Consultancy that works on a variety of projects from tiny, single plot developments all the way up to detailed, specification heavy ground investigations for £100m+ infrastructure projects. Since being founded in the early 2000s my client has proceeded to expand its team and is now looking for an Assistant Ecologist to become part of their office near Colchester.
To achieve this role, it is required that you have:
* A degree in Ecology or in a relevant subject;
* At least 1 year of relevant practical experience;
* Extended Phase 1 Habitat and Protected Species Surveys experience;
* The ability to produce high quality written work;
* A full UK driving license.
To thrive in this role, you will have:
* Membership with CIEEM or a relevant professional institution or be working towards;
* An MSc in Ecology or a relevant subject;
* Achieved or working towards a protected species survey license (preferably bat);
* Experience assisting on translocation protected species surveys.
During your time at this role, you will be working both out on site and in an office environment, due to working on sites across the UK, a willingness to travel and occasionally stay overnight is required. This role will best suit someone who is in the early stages of their career and is keen to learn from senior members of staff. Mentoring and support will be a focus from the client, as they aim to help you progress throughout your career as an Ecologist. Some of the roles you will be responsible for include habitat and species survey work, report writing, desktop studies and liaising with sub-contractors.
This employer will be offering you a competitive salary dependent on the level of experience you hold, a pension scheme and a benefits package. If this role is of interest to you or you are looking for roles related to Ecology, Arboriculture, Ornithology or EIA please do not hesitate to contact Steffan Child on (phone number removed) or by email. We have a vast variety of opportunities on our website (url removed)