Posted on Jul 3, 2019 by CV-Library
The role will be based at in Hull and will be focused on the development and execution of engineering projects on the site and in partnership with some of their customers.
This role would be ideal for a technically minded person with an interest in brewing / distilling / biotech / food industries. Activities may include work on any of a multitude of engineering projects on process / utilities, site infrastructure and buildings, packaging equipment, and control systems across the site and may include an element of travel to customer sites, primarily in the UK. The requirement is not about repetitive detailed mathematical engineering design, it will involve process conceptualisation / scoping / verification with an understanding of the impact of decisions and technology / materials choices. The role will include a high level of involvement with process automation and the site’s automation infrastructure.
Key requirements are teamwork, leadership, communication (including in customer and supplier facing situations), technical understanding, and a willingness to learn about this fascinating industry.
The role will require you to deliver and demonstrate on a regular basis the following competencies:
* Scoping and development of engineering projects, as directed from concept, through design (process, electrical, civil, mechanical and control) to project costings for approval by management. Designs shall consider Food Safety, Health and Safety, as well as Environmental matters such as energy and water efficiency.
* Execution of engineering projects on Hull site and at customer sites which shall include but not limited to;
* Supplier selection, contract negotiation and cost control
* Control of contractors
* Control of works including liaison with manufacturing teams
* Training of equipment end users
Aptitude for development and support of the existing Distributed Control System (DCS) and PLC systems including (after suitable training and experience) undertaking programming modifications, and managing and supporting specialist contractors in completing more significant works
* Ideally degree qualified in engineering discipline, or suitable technical qualifications and experience demonstrating a high level of engineering / design knowledge and capability
* A level of pre- or post-graduation experience in food / pharma / chemical / process industries in a technical, engineering or operations role, ideally in project delivery
£20k - £25k Annual
£23k - £24k Annual
£40k - £45k Annual
£35k - £60k Annual