Posted on Jul 3, 2019 by CV-Library
£50,000 - £55,000 per annum + an employee share scheme
Permanent role based in Cwmbran, South Wales
Based in the technical hub of Cwmbran, this innovative client in the Mobile Telco Advertising industry is currently interviewing for a Data Specialist to work with the latest technologies within Big Data and help define its data architecture.
This company has a breakthrough patented technology that enables secure and privacy compliant real time data matching that will be used globally to power worldwide recognised consumer brands. The company has skills / abilities in all areas, offer a development led environment (integrating dev ops) which include regular Lightening Talks and workshops, they have an attractive and modern working environment, a great product, and offer a clear product roadmap which includes Greenfield developments.
Working in a fast paced but process driven environment, we are looking for an Engineer with commercial or academic (PHD / Research) experience of (Apache Spark, Hadoop, Cassandra or MongoDB), have experience and be enthused and have a desire to embrace new technologies.
• Designing and developing cloud-based data services.
• Designing and implementing ETL strategies and solutions.
• Designing and developing BI solutions and processes.
• Performing the migration, transformation, cleanse and ingestion of high-volume
• Creating reliable, distributed data pipelines.
• Optimising code, ensuring it meets the company’s standards.
• Ensuring the provision of a stable customer environment and continuity of services.
• Participating in the development of strategies and policies around data governance.
• 3+ years of working with big data cloud architectures such as AWS.
• Experience of programming languages such as Python, Java or Scala.
• 3+ years’ experience of ETL data migration tools such as Spark or Pandas.
• Experience of data warehousing within a data platform.
• Strong background in data processing, software engineering design and data
• Ability to learn new technologies quickly.
What you will be offered:
• Competitive salary of £45,000 - £55,000.
• Employee share scheme.
• A diverse and technically talented team to work within.
• Data Engineer.
• £50,000 - £55,000.
• Staff benefits.
• Permanent role based in Cwmbran, South Wales.
If you are interested and feel you fit the criteria apply today or get in touch with Acorn Recruitment IT and ask for Leroy Brito for a confidential chat about the role.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment