Autodesk Inventor - CAD Draughtsman
Posted on Jul 3, 2019 by CV-Library
Autodesk Inventor – CAD Technician
Location – West London
Salary – £20,000 - £25,000 Per Annum Negotiable depending on experience
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for one of our clients based in west London who design and manufacture equipment for the testing of fuels and lubricants. My client has a worldwide client base of users performing to ISO and ASTM test procedures as well as specialized research in the field of tribology. Supplying the most innovative test equipment providing researchers with the tools to produce marketing leading lubricants and fuels.
Due to rapid expansion, my client is now seeking a CAD technician to join a small, dedicated team, to support many aspects of new product development, maintenance of drawings and bills of materials for our existing portfolio of tribological test equipment and procurement for prototypes and production.
Responsibility & Duties
* Creating 3D models and drawings from existing 2D drawings in Autodesk Inventor.
* Creating assemblies in Inventor and producing assembly drawings and assembly instructions for production for current and new products.
* Bill of materials (BOM) management for existing and new products using Inventor and Autodesk Vault.
* Assisting with ‘bought out’ parts for products in development - identifying suitable parts, finding/drawing 3D models and managing these in Autodesk Vault.
* Monitoring and actioning engineering change orders (ECO’s) on current production products using Autodesk Vault’s ECO system.
* Monitoring and actioning changes to the stock control system and its links to the engineering BOMs using Filemaker and Autodesk Vault.
* Procurement of ‘bought in’ and manufactured parts for production.
* Updating and redrawing electrical schematics in Microsoft Visio.
Experience & Qualification
* A fundamental understanding of mechanical engineering drawings and 3D CAD.
* Experience working with 3D CAD is vital, preferably with Autodesk Inventor.
* Experience with and/or knowledge of engineering version control systems. Specific knowledge of Autodesk Vault is preferable but not essential.
* Experience reading and creating electrical schematics.
* Experience using Microsoft Visio.
* Previous experience working in a research and development department is beneficial, but not essential.
If this is a role that interests, you please send work examples to the email address below and call so I can talk through the role in more detail.
DD- (phone number removed)
M - (phone number removed)