Posted on Jul 3, 2019 by CV-Library
I am looking for one late shift Supervisor to work Monday to Friday 5pm-3am and alternate Saturdays 3pm-1am.
And one night shift Supervisor to work Monday to Friday 10pm-8am and alternate Sundays.
The scope of this role is to support the Warehouse Management Team to achieve the company's financial, operational and customer service objectives. You will be required to manage the warehouse operation on a day-to-day basis ensuring compliance within the agreed standards. You will liaise between the customer service team, transport team and warehousing team to improve quality, cost efficiency and staff performance. You will also work to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the warehouse operation and identify best practice for handling, warehouse utilisation and the mechanical handling of equipment.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Supervise the warehouse operation consisting of charge hands, supervisors and operatives operatives.
* Ensure the operation runs in accordance with area-specific policies and procedures.
* Enforce company policies, procedures, BRC & Organic procedures and Health & Safety procedures.
* Ensure the warehouse is kept clean and tidy and utilisation of the space available.
* Identify training needs for your staff to ensure staff are trained in accordance with company operating procedures.
* Controlling the activities and resources to achieve the best financial, operational and customer objectives.
* Conduct accident reporting and investigation procedures in accordance with procedures.
* Being proactive and looking for continuous improvements.
* Promote harmonious and effective working relationships through a combination of communication, teamwork, motivation, leadership and team briefings.
* Ensure effective handover of shifts between Supervisors.
* Make necessary adjustments during shifts in order to produce orders within required specifications.
* Manage performance targets of your team inline with company KPIs.
* Ensuring equipment is operational with relevant checks before and after use and update records accordingly.
* Actively participate and contribute to the HACCP and Audit team meetings as an when required.
* Encourage and promote good safety and environmental behaviour within all employees and actively encourage near-miss reporting.
* To review the effectiveness of your team and bring to the attention of your line manager any improvements that you identify.
* To monitor each area of work to ensure staff are doing their roles, hitting their KPIs and using machinery safely and efficiently.
* To problem solve and think on your feet when problems arise.
* Supervising goods in and out of the warehouse and into and off of lorries.
* Ensuring pallets are loaded and unloaded in the correct order as per the order specification.
* Making sure that loads are scanned in correctly, stacked and stored correctly and records are kept of the movement of items.
Who we are looking for:
* An experienced Warehouse Supervisor with a proven track record of managing and motivating a large team.
* Experience within a FMCG operation along with a Food Manufacturing background.
* A strong character who isn't afraid to challenge current working methods to improve efficiency