Resource Officer External Audit Birmingham
Posted on Jul 3, 2019 by CV-Library
A career in Resourcing and Deployment (within internal firm services) will provide you with the opportunity to strategically deploy and develop our staff, helping our network be even more agile in the ever evolving markets we work with. You'll be providing the right people on the right projects at the right time. You'll focus on ensuring that resources with suitable skills and experience are available for tasks and activities as required as well as managing the education, planning, and skills enhancement associated with those resources.
As a Resourcing Officer, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Based in the Midlands in our newly created External Audit line of service, this role will focus on deploying our financial services resources across the country, working to create highly skilled teams for some of our most high profile clients. Responsibilities in this role include (but are not limited to)
* Day to day deployment of staff to projects/assignments balancing the needs of the business with the needs of the individual
* Encouraging the take up of secondments and 'cycles of experience' to our people
* Improving agility by utilising people in our growth/strategic priority areas both within your immediate area and across the firm as a whole
* Producing, using and analysing information to make resourcing decisions and recommendations
* Building relationships within the business unit and the wider resourcing function to enable greater effectiveness in providing solutions for resourcing demands
This is an exciting time for Resource Management as we build on the professionalism of our people and work closely with the business to develop and implement PwC business and people strategy. In order for us to meet the future challenges of the Resource Management function, we want to attract candidates from varying backgrounds and industries that can demonstrate their ability to
* Communicate effectively (written and verbal)
* Manage conflicting deadlines and priorities
* Understand and analyse information to support decision making
* Deliver quality outputs whilst under pressure
* Use technology and established tools effectively
Deployment and Manpower Planning
* Main point of contact for assigned portfolio, delivering the day to day deployment requirements
* Managing resourcing conflicts and priorities
* Understand the implication of profitability, engagement, agility and retention goals and the impact on resourcing decisions
Knowledge and Skills
Relationship Skills including communicating and Influencing -
* Build relationships - with those being deployed as well as those requesting resources
* Consult and enquire with stakeholders to understand their needs and wants.
* Respond with empathy and understanding to enhance relationships
* Take an active role in resource management projects and initiatives
Strategy and Change Management
* Understand the Business Unit, resource management firm-wide strategy and work to support these
* Understand the pipeline opportunities to enable appropriate decisions about available resources
* Build relationships with stakeholders to become a trusted advisor and point of contact on resourcing matters
* Actively manage expectations and escalate where necessary
Commercial Acumen and Financial Management
* Understand the financial implications of the resourcing decisions made
* Understand the business unit needs and priorities for resourcing
* Produce and analyse detailed Management information to make recommendations and decisions
* Team and Personal Development
* Actively seek and identify opportunities for development
* Give and receive constructive feedback to improve performance
* Draw on resources across the business unit and resource management as appropriate
Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work ( ie temporary or day rate contracting)?
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here (url removed)/uk/careers/experienced/apply
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Learn more here (url removed)/uk/diversity